Regeneron is seeking a highly motivated Automation Engineer to add to its Assay Development team. Automation Engineers have extensive experience in programming, troubleshooting and operating laboratory instrumentation, including integrated systems. They gather requirements by working closely with identified subject matter experts (SMEs) for various automation projects and processes. You will independently determine and develop approaches to solutions which are thorough, practical and consistent with organization objectives. You are expected to develop an interest in understanding the project goals and any available background information.
A Typical Day in This Role looks Like:
- Develops programs for liquid handling instruments and scheduling software. Debugs, scripts, optimizes liquid classes and performs test runs to ensure a robust and user-friendly process. Analyzes data to check for errors and improvements. Exercises attention to detail.
- Performs manual experiments with minimal supervision to support automated assay development and troubleshooting.
- Carries out automation projects within critical business timelines. Scope includes, design, programming, securing resources and reagents, drafting protocols/reports, creating templates/checklists and updating bioanalytical method procedures (BMPs).
- Trains BAS personnel on the use of Automation systems.
- Provides automation support for ongoing programs. Uses a thorough understanding of the design of the automated assays to identify issues, determine the root cause and develop educated solutions.
- Independently troubleshoots and performs basic repairs and maintenance on laboratory instrumentation Collaborates with other groups within the company and/or outside vendors to obtain/provide equipment related assistance.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and other colleagues within the Automation Group. Summarizes and presents project status, technical details, and results in a logical and organized manner, both verbally and in written format. Delivers presentations related to ongoing projects.
- Maintains GLP compliance for all laboratory work and documentation in accordance with FDA regulations and company SOPs. Assists in maintaining GLP compliance in the laboratory. Works with Quality Control (QC) to address documentation findings and ensure quality data is provided.
This Role May Be For You If:
- Learns and follows safety requirements of their laboratory. Recognizes potential safety problems and takes action to correct them.
- Keeps current on new developments and equipment in the automation field and assists with evaluation of new technologies for use within BAS.
- Conducts themselves with professionalism and integrity while demonstrating a strong work ethic.
- Participates in their own professional and personal development.
To be considered, you must have a minimum of a BS or MS degree in the STEM field from accredited university and 3 years of lab experience, and 2+ years of lab automation programming experience. Direct experience with either Tecan or Hamilton is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$75,200.00 - $120,200.00