Associate Director, Convergence Communications
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Marketing, Marketing/Corporate Communications
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
This position is responsible for the strategic direction, development, coordination and execution of communication initiatives for the R&D Convergence function. Through Convergence, we're creating integrated R&D data and analytics capabilities that power data-driven insights – fueling better, faster decisions and therapies for patients. This effort integrates historically distinct disciplines and technologies into a unified whole through data, sparking unprecedented insights to enable AbbVie's mission of improving the lives of our patients.
The incumbent ensures that Convergence employees and stakeholders are fully informed and able to execute the Convergence strategy. This position reports to the Head of R&D Convergence and is ideally based out of our North Chicago Headquarters.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the communication function, including communication strategy development and creation of content to execute that strategy, whether delivered by internal or external resources.
- Builds and optimizes the communication strategies and the various programs that support these strategies; ensures communication strategies are aligned with AbbVie objectives.
- Creates and executes a structured communication methodology to develop detailed communication plans and ensure intended results are achieved; including risk analysis, organizational alignment, stakeholder management, organizational design, cultural assessments, education, training and measurement to ensure the ongoing success of the R&D Convergence organization.
- Develops, integrates and leverages detailed communication plans across multiple audiences, including strategy, stakeholder analysis, integration alignment, messages, timing, media and effectiveness tracking.
- Partners with Subject Matter Experts across the R&D Convergence ecosystem to create and deliver high-impact content and communication programs.
- Owns the communication and change management metrics; identifies measures that assess the effectiveness of communication and change management initiatives and illustrate the impact on the business. Proactively communicates these metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience.
- Background in communications, people management, HR, or management consulting.
- Communications and change management experience.
- Demonstrate a very strong understanding of all aspects of strategic organizational communication
- Solid business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Ability to forge relationships and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated capability to foster high levels of political trust and credibility in the organization
- Keen understanding of how to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, as well as the ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions
- Proven, robust written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to understand and communicate about scientific concepts
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert