Senior Pricing Analyst
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Project/Program Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Senior Pricing Analyst
The Sr. Pricing Analyst will be responsible for managing contract membership eligibility and Class of Trade (COT) assignment on an ongoing basis ensuring customers categorized within their correct business activities and are correctly assigned to their designated contracts. Assist commercial contracting team with customer assignment to their designated contracts and/or Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) membership rosters. Perform periodic compliance and monitoring activities to ensure COT designations are in line with customer’s current business activities, especially those COTs that may directly impact certain government pricing calculations.
Work closely with wholesaler chargeback team to manage in-process queue to ensure timely resolution of chargeback payments to the wholesalers. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required as job responsibilities include communicating with all levels of operating peers, various levels of management at AbbVie, as well as with personnel at various levels of customer accounts during the COT verification process. Incumbent must possess an ability to resolve problems quickly utilizing a variety of data sources, as well as documenting rationale for resulting decisions.
- SME for chargeback issues/questions as a result of customer identification errors.
- Submit customer changes and new customer set up requests.
- Lead regular monitoring activities to ensure that customers are properly classified (monthly and quarterly audits)
- Collaborate in an effective manner with the government pricing team, commercial pricing team, and customer master.
- Maintain procedural documentation as required by changes in internal policies and business practices.
- Lead for various projects related to data analytics and performance metrics.
- Participate in cross functional meetings to ensure the direction and accuracy of customer maintenance.
- Responsible for onboarding and training of new analysts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory/Management Responsibilities: None
Position Accountability and Scope: The Sr Pricing Analyst is responsible for supporting the chargeback processing and contracting teams with respects to membership and class of trade responsibilities. This individual must possess a high degree of integrity, communication, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Failure to maintain accurate membership/class of trade information will result in chargeback denials, disputes with customers, and potential impact to government price calculations. The incumbent must be able to perform effectively with little supervision and demonstrate sound business judgment within the scope of defined guidelines. This position will report to the Class of Trade Manager, Government Programs. This position will have frequent interaction with Customer Master and other Government and Commercial Pricing managers.
- BA/BS required.
- 3+ years business experience preferably with a concentration in data analysis, contracting, and financial analysis.
- Problem solving, organization and integrity are key competencies of this position.
- Must have intermediate or higher-level skills with MS Excel and Word and must have excellent data mining skills.
- The current department process and procedures include using MS Excel formulas, Pivot Tables, Index Matching, Macros, MS Access Queries and Databases.
- Will be required to master these skills within 6 months of entering this job function. Proficiency with TM1, COGNOS (RMA), Model N, SAP, and other related government systems and interfaces is desirable but not required.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert