Associate Director, Genomic Assay Research and Development
- Element Biosciences
- San Diego, CA
- Start date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Research, Genomics
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value Grit, Learning Agility, Customer obsession and Teamwork.
If this sounds like you, we are looking for a highly motivated Associate Director – Genomic Assay R&D to join the Genomic Application team. Based in San Diego and reporting to the Senior Director of Genomic Applications department, the ideal candidate will lead scientists to develop cutting edge NGS and other genomic assay products to accelerate scientific discovery.
- Keep current with the field of genomics, especially NGS methodologies and IP landscape.
- Lead the NGS research studies and technology innovations. Contribute to strategic genomic application roadmap.
- Explore and test feasibility of novel methods to facilitate biological and genetic studies. Bring concept projects to full feasibility and/or through the complete product development phases in extremely short timeline.
- Lead assay development and overcome technical difficulties with creative ideas. Guide scientists and research associates from cross functional groups. Fully involved in detailed experimental design, execution, data analysis/interpretation, and drawing comprehensive conclusions. Deliver multiple research and product development projects on time.
- Provide strong technical leadership in cross-functional environment at the interfaces of life sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, system integration, operation/manufacturing, and engineering. Deeply involved in project planning and results tracking with details. Communicate complex development challenges in a clear and timely manner.
- Generate high quality scientific data and reports. File IP applications and invention disclosure.
- Live Company values. Grow a strong R&D team with the drive for excellence.
What you bring:
- Ph.D. with 8+ years’ industry experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics, chemistry, or related field. A minimum of 3 years in a leadership role managing scientists.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and innovation via publications, IP filing, and product launch.
- Extensive experience in nucleic acid process and manipulation, NGS library prep workflows, spatial genomics, proteomics, and NGS sequencing platforms, etc.
- Experienced user in bioinformatics and data analysis tools, e.g. Python, R, ImageJ, JMP, etc.
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to lead multiple projects through a complex development program in fast pace environments.
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $144,500 - $178,500
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
At Element Biosciences, our mission is to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. Our proprietary approach to improving the signal-to-noise ratio allows us to provide groundbreaking innovations in surface chemistry, instrumentation, and biochemistry to drastically decrease the run cost and capital cost while delivering high sequencing data quality. Founded in 2017, our headquarters is located in San Diego, California, with additional operations located in the San Francisco Bay area.
- (619) 353-0300
10055 Barnes Canyon Road
San Diego, CA 92121
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert