Intern, Emergency Response/Disaster Management
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Novato, California
- Start date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Software Development, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
Integration of current procedures and Equipment inventories into a purpose-built software platform. This platform, if organized well will allow BioMarin Emergency Responders to quickly ascertain their available resources from an equipment and training perspective. During integration the Summer intern will conduct a review of procedures to confirm compliance with local Fire Ordinances as well as Federal and State OSHA rules. This project will require the applicant to be highly organized and have a basic understanding of Emergency Operations. Once built, a presentation and subsequent training for the team on the functionality of the new system will be developed and implemented.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel
- Proficient organizational, spelling, grammar, and typing skills
- Proficiency with standard office software applications, including Outlook, Skype or Zoom, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams and MS SharePoint
- Proven track record of project deliverables; coordinating multi-discipline projects strongly preferred
- Self-Starter, Able to work independently
- Ability to comprehend technical information related to equipment, processes, and regulations
- Understanding and familiarity with FDA & European regulatory requirements is a PLUS
- Experience or interest in instructional design, training program design and process improvement is a PLUS
- Proficiency with web-based software and Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with D4H web based Emergency Management software
- Understanding of the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Volunteer or paid emergency response, EMT, Volunteer Fire, Search and Rescue etc.
- Student pursing a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in either: Law, Computer Science, Data Analytics, EHS, Criminal Justice, Business Management, Emergency Management. Computer Science and/or Data Analytic Majors are preferred.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 21.00 to $ 30.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BioMarin is a global biotechnology company dedicated to transforming lives through genetic discovery. In 1997, the company was founded to make a big difference in small patient populations, focusing on giving much-needed attention to the underserved communities of those with rare diseases. BioMarin sought to help patients whose voices could not always be heard and treat conditions that were not always in mainstream medical conversations. Throughout its history, BioMarin has worked tirelessly to make a difference by pursuing bold science. The company’s first approved therapy was inspired by a father who refused to accept there was no therapy for his son’s rare diagnosis. That relentless pursuit to change the course of his son’s future through the power of science is at the core of who BioMarin is today.
Through the company’s expertise in genetics and molecular biology, BioMarin has developed eight first or best-in-class targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions it seeks to treat, helping to better the lives of those struggling with rare genetic disease. The company’s purposeful and scientifically precise team of physicians and scientists has honed each treatment modality to seek transformative therapies.
Now, BioMarin seeks to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled the last 25 plus years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Each drug candidate pursued is guided by a fundamental understanding of the genetics and underlying biology of the condition it will address. The company believes that applying its knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The more innovative solutions developed, the more lives BioMarin can impact.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert