Helpdesk Admin (Contract)
- Milpitas, California, United States
- Start date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Administration, Information Technology, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
The Impact You’ll Make
- The helpdesk works closely with our Sys-Admins, Engineers, and Security team to ensure our endpoints, servers, and network are secure.
- The helpdesk is responsible for responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, chat, video call, or email, diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues, following standard helpdesk procedures, and advising on the appropriate solutions.
- The helpdesk will log all interactions and follow up with customers to ensure the complete resolution of issues.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention: track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Inform management of recurring problems.
- Create/update training manuals for new and revised software and hardware.
- Maintaining different solutions, including AD, DNS, DHCP, and many SaaS solutions we use.
- The helpdesk also supports our maintenance windows.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the IT team at Recursion. A group of IT Specialists, Systems Admins, and Engineers focused on helping Recursion to move fast while still being secure. You will work with teammates across the Recursion departments to determine the right path forward and how we get there. Must demonstrate the ability to manage and maintain Networking, Server & Storage infrastructure.
***This contract will be for a minimum of 6 months. Contract may be able to expand past 6 months, along with the potential opportunity to convert to full-time.***
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience with both Windows and Mac environments, disk encryption, and antivirus packages
- Ability to use a ticketing system for daily tasks & projects
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- A high level of comfort with networking setup, protocols
- Experience providing user documentation for IT policies and procedures
- Ability to take ownership of tasks/projects and drive them to completion
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today.
Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with offices in Toronto, Montreal and Milpitas, California. We're working to solve some of the most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come do the most impactful work of your career at a company that prioritizes belonging, collaboration and career development.
41 S. Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert