Project Engineer, Manufacturing
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Start date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Engineering, Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The primary scope of this position is to act as project engineer, working with little or no supervision, to apply project management knowledge, engineering knowledge, and ingenuity to complete medium sized projects in a commercial API manufacturing plant from concept thru project closure within or across disciplines.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Support and troubleshoot day-to-day operations, capital projects, and pipeline products in manufacturing processes.
- Engineering and process optimization for manufacturing processes and related operations.
- Perform financial analysis activities to determine project cost savings and return on investment.
- Manage the specification and procurement of process equipment.
- Assess current processes to reduce processing times and reduced utility consumption by measuring key performance indicators.
- Perform process design improvements to reduce the quantity of lost batches and improved quality of product.
- Review and develop PFDs/P&IDs.
- Manage third party vendors/consultants to optimize detail designs of engineering projects.
- Deliver strategic and technical expertise to drive continuous process improvement that generate cost savings and optimize efficiencies.
- Assist with design of new facilities and systems from conceptual design, specifications, budgeting, scheduling, and construction management
- Develop documents for FAT and SAT activities for process equipment.
- Participate in FAT, SAT, the startup, and commissioning of process equipment after design phase.
- Manage the life-cycle documentation of the equipment including generation and approval of user requirements, equipment and instrument specifications, equipment test plans, and system operating procedures.
- Provide direction to contractors to meet project schedule and financial goals while ensuring technical success.
- Participate in procurement efforts for process and facility related equipment and facilitate change orders during the project
- Drive remediation work for design improvement or correction for process equipment and processes.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 2+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. Additional post-graduate education may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Possesses a working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert