Research Associate - Yamanaka lab
- Gladstone Institutes
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Yamanaka lab isfamousfor its pioneering work in reprogramming adult cells into pluripotent stem cells.We are now accepting applications for Research Associates (RAs) to start in the Summer of 2023 or earlier. The RA will be working closely with senior researchers on research projects in reprogramming, stem/progenitor cells and rejuvenation. Each project has a prospect of resulting in one or two publications over the span of two years. The RAs are expected to contribute to the project by critically processing relevant literature, proposing and performing assays, collecting and presenting experimental data in lab meetings. Specific techniques employed in the project include but are not limited to molecular cloning, DNA/RNA/Protein prep, mammalian cell culture, genome engineering, immuno-histochemistry and flow cytometry. Prospective candidates that have an undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences or related fields are encouraged to apply. Prior work experience in a molecular biology lab and excellent communication skills are a plus. The RAs are expected to possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills. The Yamanaka lab is located at the Gladstone Institutes/UCSF Mission Bay which offersaccess to not only cutting edge technologies but to athriving community that celebratesdiversity of values, backgrounds, and approaches to solving problems.Many of previous RAs went to graduate or medical schools after Yamanaka lab.
Plasmid Cloning, qPCRS, Western Blotting
Data Analysis and Presentation techniques
Collaborative spirit and appreciation for teamwork
Passaging and maintenance of Mammalian cells
Excellent communication, organization and time-management
Associate's degree in related field and 2+ years of relevant experience
BS degree preferred
2+ years of college in biology or related discipline.
Competitive applicants will be interviewed and selected following the interview.
$52K ($25/hr) - $61,177 ($29.41/hr)
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Gladstone is an independent, nonprofit life science research organization located in the epicenter of biomedical and technological innovation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gladstone has created a research model that disrupts how science is done, funds big ideas, and attracts the brightest minds. Gladstone Institutes leads the way for innovative research in the biomedical field. We always seek dedicated and talented individuals to join our team.
Scientists know that using a diversity of approaches is often the most efficient strategy for solving a problem. New and different perspectives engender the very innovation that Gladstone prizes. This is one of the many reasons why we value diversity at Gladstone—be that a diversity of race, culture, religion, mental or physical ability, heritage, age, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristics. Our employees hail from more than 30 countries around the globe and we seek to hire the best and brightest for our diverse team of scientists and administrators. Career opportunities are available in both our administrative offices and our research areas.
Gladstone offers eligible employees—and their dependents—a comprehensive range of benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, and professional development.
- Health and Retirement
- A choice of medical plans, flexible spending account, and retirement account options that include employer contributions help you take care of your health and your future.
- Time Away from Work
- More than just vacation days, our paid and unpaid leave policies offer flexibility to help you confront different stages of life including maternity and paternity leave, as well as other types of family leave.
- Professional Development
- Gladstone encourages employees to seek the skills they need to remain at the forefront of their profession. By supporting professional development workshops and continuing education, Gladstone provides employees with the resources they need to evolve in their role and in their career.
- Gladstone Cares
- A specially selected suite of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace. Includes resources for dealing with the many stages of life to specific coverage for family planning, and back-up child or elder care coverage.
1650 Owens Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert