Research Scientist II, Inflammation Discovery Research
- San Diego, CA
- Start date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Research Scientist II where you will manage the independent design, execution, and analysis of discovery immunology and in vitro preclinical pharmacology studies of inflammation and autoimmunity with a focus on TYK2 inhibition for multiple disease indications.
You will also independently identify and implement new assay technologies that have an impact on project advancement, assay throughput, and assay performance. As part of the Inflammation Discovery Research team, you will report to the Senior Director of the team and work with Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU).How you will contribute:
- Initiate an investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using scientific theory and technical literature with a focus on the TYK2 pathway.
- Utilize a battery of in vitro assay technologies in primary cell types and cell lines to execute programs including ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, and immunofluorescence microscopy.
- May design and execute complex cell-based assays including co-cultures, and 3D microtissues/organoids.
- Independently plan and execute experiments for a research work group or project troubleshoots complex problems and specialized procedures, and change the experimental design if necessary.
- Interpret and analyze data, incorporating results into overall scientific projects; independently generate novel hypothesis and integrates data produced by other disciplines.
- Develop and validate new technical and analytical methods using literature.
- Exercise independent judgment (selecting the most appropriate methods, coordinating efforts, evaluating criteria for obtaining results).
- Prepare detailed protocols / SOPs that enable the transfer of validated assays to project team members and collaborators.
- Work closely with flow cytometry, in vivo pharmacology, histopathology, and bioinformatics team to evaluate cell and molecular action of TYK2 inhibition.
- Contribute to functional scientific discussion.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records and contribute to the drafting of study reports.
- Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years relevant experience; postdoc and industry experience preferred, or MS with 8+ years experience, or BS with 10+ years experience.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of basic Immunology and in vivo pharmacology.
- Collaborates with colleagues effectively.
- Knowledge in the use of common analytic software including Microsoft Office programs, GraphPad Prizm, Etc.
- With latitude in specific areas, plans and executes experiments with appropriate controls; decisions have moderate to advance the scope and impact technical operations or project deadlines.
- Demonstrate broad technical knowledge and expertise in cell biology, immunology, and in vitro pharmacology.
- Be the recognized scientific resource on immune cell signaling and immune cell function study, especially on the TYK2/JAK-STAT pathway.
- Experienced in design, execution, and analysis of standard and novel in vitro pharmacology, immunology, cell biology and molecular biology, and biochemistry assays e.g., primary cell culture, ELISA, cell signaling, flow-cytometry, quantitative PCR, immune cell activation, differentiation and proliferation, cell and molecular imaging, etc.
- Keep up with the up-to-date scientific advancement in the academic and biotech arenas e.g. new technology, immunology, cell and molecular biology, and trends in inflammation and autoimmunity drug discovery.
- 80% lab based at the San Diego facility.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsSan Diego, CAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert