Director, Clinical Research & Development Physician
- CSL Behring
- King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Start date
- Feb 26, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Research, Regulatory
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
Responsible for medical oversight of clinical studies within the assigned therapeutic area as the Medical monitor. Serves as a medical representative on the cross-functional therapeutic area, development teams and/or post-marketing product teams. Ensures medical standards and processes are in alignment with CSL Behring processes and GCP as well as internal and external stakeholders including regulators, governmental agencies, payers, physicians (KOLs and Investigators), patients and the general public. Responsible/contribute for the generation of key study documents, including but not limited to CSP, CSR, IB, supporting responses to regulatory agencies and IRBs/ECs or other regulatory submission documents.
This position reports to the Physician Lead, Hematology TA
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- You will provide your medical expertise for clinical study oversight and safety concerns within the assigned therapeutic area as the Medical monitor. Present results to Safety Monitoring Committee and other internal and external meetings. Provide medical and scientific input for the safe, efficient, and timely execution of assigned clinical programs.
-You will review the data generated during the execution of a study to gather a medical understanding of the safety and efficacy results and the impact of the data on ongoing R&D strategies and provides support in defining the development strategy.
-Be responsible for or participate in the ongoing data reviews. Contribute to the drafting/review of clinical study protocol/reports and other documents. Provide medical insight to the draft or draft responses to regulatory agencies and IRBs/ECs or other regulatory documents.
-You will be responsible for setting technical medical strategies for global projects and therapeutic areas, consistent with functional expectations.
-Identify potential challenges, risks and roadblocks associated with the global medical strategy and works as a leader in developing solutions to address these, working cross-functionally and inter-functionally with other departments.
-Interfaces with key high-level internal and external stakeholders; contributes to regulatory reports/submissions/inquiries.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
MD (Medical Doctor degree) or international equivalent is required
- Two (2) years minimum experience as a physician in patient care.
- Three (3) years minimum clinical research experience in or for pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, with one of which include experience of study data review/evaluation in a pharmaceutical or clinical study environment.
- Clinical or industry experience in Hematology, Gene Therapy desired but not required
- Experience in addressing and managing complex medical issues
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and scientific/medical writing skills
- Strong contributor within a matrix environment
- Demonstrated capabilities with project management
- Builds bridges and proactively improves cross-functional collaboration
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
As the third largest global biotechnology company with employees in more than 35 countries, CSL Behring is focused on serving patients with serious and rare diseases, including coagulation disorders, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema, respiratory disease and neurological disorders. We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge and support future medical research.
CSL Behring's dynamic environment fosters innovation and attracts the best and brightest who share a commitment to helping save lives. People here are free to live their Promising FUTURES where they can fulfill their individual career aspirations and realize their potential.
CSL Behring is committed to diversity and inclusion, both of which underpin our Values of patient focus, innovation, collaboration, integrity and superior performance. We believe that by harnessing and honoring the unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives of our people, we are better able to serve our patients.
CSL Behring operates one of the world's largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma. The parent company, CSL Limited, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, employs more than 27,000 people, and provides its life-saving medicines in more than 70 countries.
For more information visit www.cslbehring.com. Help us deliver on our promise to save lives and protect the health of people around the world. Promising FUTURES start at CSL Behring!
Stock Symbol: CSL
Stock Exchange: Australian Securities Exchange
1020 First Avenue
King of Prussia
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert