Associate Director, Data Management
- Alumis Inc.
- South San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Feb 23, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Data, Clinical Trials
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Alumis Inc is a precision medicines company with the mission to transform the lives of patients with autoimmune diseases. Even with treatment innovations of the last two decades, many patients with immunologic conditions continue to suffer - our goal is to fundamentally change the outcomes for these patients.
The Associate Director, Data Management will be responsible for ensuring high-quality management of clinical trial data in a rapidly evolving environment, in accordance with industry standards. The Associate Director, Data Management will be responsible for executing Data Management (DM) activities and deliverables across multiple studies, leading key data management activities including Case Report Form (CRF) design, clinical database development, creation of Data Management Plans, external data transfer agreements and CRF completion guidelines, implementation of programmed edit checks and data quality listings, clean patient tracking, and database closure. This position will report to the Executive Director, Data Management.
Responsibilities include, and not limited to:
- DM Study Lead across multiple studies
- Represent CDM in cross-functional meetings
- Ensure DM project deliverables are completed on time and in accordance with quality standards and regulatory requirements from study start-up through study closure/archival
- Establish and maintain strategic business relationships with CDM vendors; apply effective vendor management throughout the study
- Responsible for ensuring complete and accurate CDM documentation such as eCRF specifications, eCRF completion guidelines, annotated CRFs, data validation specifications, data transfer agreements and data management plans
- Perform thorough development testing of the eCRF prior to deployment, inclusive of creating User Acceptance Test (UAT) Plans, Test Scripts and executing testing as applicable
- Ensure accurate development and execution of data integrations between EDC, IXRS and/or external vendor data sources
- Responsible for setup and management of data transfers for assigned studies, including review of test data transfers for consistency with data transfer agreements
- Participate in the RFP process including the evaluation of potential vendors
- Participate in study document reviews, e.g. clinical study protocols, statistical analysis plans, Mock Tables, Figures and Listings (TFL) shells
- Perform supplemental data reviews according to the data quality checks outlined in the data validation specifications or Clinical Data Review Plan (CDRP)
- Participate in reviews of blinded TFL output prior to final database locks
- Report query trends and data/query/SDV metrics to the Study Execution Team (SET)
- Participate in the development of EDC custom report specifications, SAS Clinical Programming report specifications and/or associated outputs as needed
- Prioritize projects and coordinate data management activities in support of corporate goals and objectives
- Ensure DM project documentation is in an inspection-ready state
- May provide line management for DM supporting roles
- May lead initiatives focused on DM process improvement, data quality assurance and efficiency
- 8+ years of relevant experience and has earned a BS or equivalent degree; MS or MBA a plus
- Experience running Ph I-IV clinical trials, both in-house and through CRO partners
- Strong knowledge and experience in EDC and other key technologies (e.g., IXRS, data visualization)
- Proficiency in CDISC standards (CDASH, SDTM, ADaM)
- Experience with SAS, SQL and/or other clinical programming tools
- Proficiency in clinical research regulations and guidance, including FDA CFR and ICH GCP
- Depth of experience across all aspects of DM, including but not limited to: CRF and database development, data quality assurance and analytics, data transfer management, vendor management, DM study documentation and inspection readiness.
- Strong understanding of the application of MedDRA and WHO Drug clinical data coding classification systems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Logical thinking, attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and to adapt quickly to changing business conditions with a “can-do” attitude
- Capable of proactively identifying project challenges and risks and proposing appropriate and strategic solutions to issues.
- Willing to travel if required
• We Elevate
• We Challenge
• We Nurture
This position is located in South San Francisco, CA. At this time, we are not considering remote applicants.
The salary range for this position is $199,000 USD to $218,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
Alumis Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the primary series of an FDA-approved or authorized COVID -19 vaccine and at least one booster or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Alumis Inc. is a precision medicines company with the mission to transform the lives of patients with autoimmune diseases. Our experienced leadership team brings a proven track record in precision drug development of groundbreaking therapies.
Even with treatment innovations of the last two decades, many patients with immunologic conditions continue to suffer.
With a unique precision analytics platform and an unwavering commitment to advancing our understanding of immunologic diseases, Alumis Inc. will rewrite the autoimmune treatment playbook by developing the right medicine for each patient.
611 Gateway Blvd
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert