Responsible for both the budget planning and actuals reporting and analysis, as required, for a portfolio of agreements managed by Precision Medicine.
A primary function of the role is to accumulate and facilitate the exchange of financial information between the collaboration partners as well as key internal stakeholder groups, including but not limited to Commercial, Operations, R&D (Medical Affairs) and Alliance Management. The role is high visible to key internal stakeholders. Position requires a highly energetic and motivated individual willing to impact the organization.
- Communicate, dashboards and analytics reporting vectors to broad Precision Medicine stakeholders: specifically operational expenses, travel, and project reporting.
- Assist with financial Plan and Update. Analysis of assigned portfolio of collaboration and purchasing arrangements.
- Assist with strategic use of available budget (i.e., create a levers list to offset any financial slippage based on highest prioritized PMed items
- Ensure any associated milestone obligations are met, properly recorded and necessary internal approvals are obtained.
- Consult with Internal Reporting and Technical Accounting on accounting matters and provide information for footnote disclosures as required.
- Support audit requests and various ad-hoc internal projects.
- This role requires communication with data scientists, project management, finance managers, vendor representatives, purchasing and payment groups. Interested individuals should have excellent communication skills and experience working cross-functionally.
- The candidate should be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity and be willing to learn new concepts.
- 7 - 10 years of progressive accounting or financial experience required.
- BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills as well as a high degree of interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with internal business units, external parties, and internal support functions.
- Attention to detail, independent and pro-active thought, and decision-making skills are necessary.
- Efficiency in reviewing submissions from (non-directly managed) team members, swiftly identifying key areas for data questions/re-work and enhancing the message/takeaways before presenting to the next level of management
- Ability to prioritize and juggle many timelines simultaneously, communicating, delegating, and driving execution towards key deadlines
- Willing to ask important questions in meetings to challenge status quo of ingrained processes, always seeking opportunities for improvement in processes and methodologies.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.