Element Biosciences, Inc is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and diagnostic markets.
Our San Diego headquarters is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join a high-performing genomics lab in support of our research and collaborative activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This full-time, laboratory-based position will manage the service lab working on innovative library prep assays and cutting-edge sequencing technologies. The service work supports both internal and customer-facing projects for genome research, including cancer and rare genetic disease studies. The laboratory manager will define, establish, and manage laboratory process, maintain appropriate lab certifications, and hire, train and manage staff.
- Job duties include but not limited to:
- Establishment of standing operating procedures, lab documentation, and manage laboratory activities.
- Evaluating and hiring staff, administering training and laboratory orientation, review of staff performance and development, and ensuring that staff members comply with all laboratory rules and regulations, including health and safety policies, to guarantee the highest quality of results.
- Management of work schedules and project status to ensure timely completion of service requests.
- Supervision of lab and equipment maintenance including inspection, cleaning, calibration, testing and repair of lab equipment; and organization and cleaning of the lab.
- Management of vendors.
- Forecasting and maintenance of supply levels, and inventory stores.
- May serve as the primary point of contact with clients to provide information and take requests for services.
- The ideal candidate will have the following background/skill set but not limited:
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to develop and implement business processes in lab environment
- High accuracy in working document and experiment data.
- Hands on experience with NGS Library Prep and sequencing. Experience with automated liquid handler. Proficiency in data analysis is a plus.
- ISO and GMP knowledge, CLIA/CAP a plus.
- Experience driving work processes to meet business KPIs- TAT, profitability, quality.
- Strong communication and people managing skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects in fast pace working environment and manage priority changes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS/PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular biology, Biochemistry, protein chemistry and chemical engineering or a related discipline.
- 2+ years relevant wet lab manager experience.
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $125,800 - $148,000
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.