SOX Program Manager
- Just - Evotec Biologics
- Seattle, WA
- Start date
- Feb 5, 2023
- Administration, Accounting, Finance, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated SOX Program Manager, that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. The primary focus of this job is to support in executing all aspects of Just-Evotec Biologic’s SOX program. This includes supporting and contributing to scoping & process risk assessment, controls rationalization & optimization, execution of test of design and test of operating effectiveness, and coordination of remediation & retesting. Additionally, you will liaise with and work closely with the Internal Audit team and external auditors to manage testing activities for SOX.
- Contribute to the overarching SOX plan by assisting with the SOX risk assessment, scoping and controls rationalization & optimization process (including updating controls language and flowcharts as necessary) under the supervision of the local Director of finance
- Serve as a business partner to key stakeholders to advise on process, internal control, system implementation, risk, and compliance activities
- Work with the control owners on planning and execution of the test of design and test of operating effectiveness
- Work with the Evotec SOX PMO and external auditors to manage their testing cycles and expectations
- Audit request coordination and monitoring with external auditors and Internal Audit
- Make improvement recommendations of the control environment and assist with pre-implementation control identification and issue validation
- Work with current functional teams within the organization to review current processes and identify risk areas and areas for improvement and design controls around these to reduce risk and exposure to avoid operational surprises as well as evaluate and assess deficiencies
- Assist the IT SOX PMO with IPEs (information provided by the client) testing, review of SOC (service organization controls) SaaS applications and ITAC controls.
- Provide effective and timely reporting to SOX PMO on SOX testing status, roadblocks, and create/drive plans to remove roadblocks and assist control owners on necessary remediation planning
- Contribute to the deficiency evaluation process
- Train control owners on SOX requirements
- Document all test work in the SOXHUB/Ops Audit tool by AuditBoard
- Prepare workpapers under minimal intervention and supervision
- Drive personal professional development, including benchmarking, training & certification
- Ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, tax or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance, External or Internal Audit
- Considerable knowledge and a proven track record in applying internal controls and accounting principles and practices, specifically as it relates to SOX risk assessment, process documentation and flowcharting, control design assessment, test plan design, testing of operational effectiveness and documenting of deficiencies
- Strong understanding of the internal controls framework (understand CoBIT and COSO)
- Good knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, specifically audit methodologies, risk assessment, sampling techniques, audit documentation and report writing
- Solid understanding/experience with key business processes, including Procure to Pay and Hire to Retire, and auditing requirements including Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) requirements and US GAAP
- Demonstrated experience in effective management reporting
- Demonstrated experience in effective problem solving
- Effective communicator, ability to build relations & manage expectations
- Working knowledge of SOX best practices and emerging trends
- SaaS experience and ASC 606 experience preferred
- CIA/CPA preferred (not mandatory)
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $135,000 to $170,000; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, short-term and long-term disability, company paid basic life insurance, 401k company match, flexible work, generous paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Just - Evotec Biologics, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Our focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Learn more at www.just.bio.
401 Terry Avenue North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert