Associate Director, mRNA Analytical Development
- CSL Behring
- Holly Springs, North Carolina
- Start date
- Feb 5, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
As the Associate Director, you will provide project leadership and scientific expertise for the strategic design, planning, and coordination of mRNA analytical development activities. Reporting to the Sr. Director, you will manage mRNA assay development, qualification, transfer, and analytical activities related to clinical trial material in Holly Springs. You will lead analytical development activities from early phase to late phase for mRNA pandemic program. Your knowledge will provide scientific expertise to ensure studies are well thought out and have clear, measurable benefits.
- Collaborate with R&D senior staff to create technical strategy for development of platform-based analytics, process, and product.
- Lead analytical development for necessary sa-mRNA projects
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in the analytical development space
- Lead analytical development execution from early development stage to late-phase, and lead analytical development activities and deliverables
- document deliverables for the sa-mRNA program
- Author important technical documentation and ensure required document deliverables for the sa-mRNA program, including regulatory filing
- Identify project gaps and method improvement opportunities as well as, innovation opportunities in new technologies and assays
- Represent Analytical Development to provide insight and update
- Promote a culture of safety, ensure team follows requirements, and implement improvements
- Maintain a state of compliance for team and self through regular review of training and implementing training curricula improvements
- Provide ongoing performance feedback, technical guidance and mentorship to analytical development team
- Provide program level leadership within TD and in project teams
- Be the interface between TD, Research and Quality, and represent TD analytical development in forums to support mRNA program
- Use experience of Analytical Development to provide technical support for production and testing of drug substance and drug product in GMP production and testing
- Use scientific and statistical knowledge to support product, process and testing related investigations and deviations including complaint, deviation, OOE and OOS investigations that require support TD
- Present complex technical topics to multiple audiences with varying technical depth
- Deliver technical aspects of analytical development project in a working environment which includes R&D functions (Research, Reg CMC, R&D QA, Clinical, etc.) and areas within Operations (QA, AS&T, QC, MS&T, etc.)
- Experience writing content for technical documentation including product and process development plan, analytical control strategy, analytical target profile, JOS, comparability protocol and reports, regulatory CMC license sections and presentations.
- M.S. or PhD.; 12+ years with Master Science or 8+ years with Ph.D. in related scientific field. B.S. degree with equivalent experience.
- Broad technical expertise in analytical development in vaccines (Early phase and late phase development)
- Demonstrated experience establishing and building a team and managing partner
- Project leadership experience required.
- Experience with mRNA vaccines desirable
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!
As the third largest global biotechnology company with employees in more than 35 countries, CSL Behring is focused on serving patients with serious and rare diseases, including coagulation disorders, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema, respiratory disease and neurological disorders. We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge and support future medical research.
CSL Behring's dynamic environment fosters innovation and attracts the best and brightest who share a commitment to helping save lives. People here are free to live their Promising FUTURES where they can fulfill their individual career aspirations and realize their potential.
CSL Behring is committed to diversity and inclusion, both of which underpin our Values of patient focus, innovation, collaboration, integrity and superior performance. We believe that by harnessing and honoring the unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives of our people, we are better able to serve our patients.
CSL Behring operates one of the world's largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma. The parent company, CSL Limited, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, employs more than 27,000 people, and provides its life-saving medicines in more than 70 countries.
For more information visit www.cslbehring.com. Help us deliver on our promise to save lives and protect the health of people around the world. Promising FUTURES start at CSL Behring!
Stock Symbol: CSL
Stock Exchange: Australian Securities Exchange
1020 First Avenue
King of Prussia
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert