Laboratory Assistant, Analytical Chemistry
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tarrytown, New York
- Start date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Science/R&D, Bioanalytical Services, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
Regeneron's Analytical Chemistry Group (ACG), located in Tarrytown NY, is seeking a Laboratory Assistant. In this exciting role, you will support the staff members in ACG through general operational duties as well as laboratory and equipment upkeep.A Typical Day in the Role of Lab Assistant Might Look Like:
- Perform laboratory supply inventory and ordering of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Develop and maintain laboratory inventory and order tracking systems and procedures for equipment, reagents and consumables using excel and Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) applications.
- As applicable source and evaluate new consumable items with outside vendors and investigate material supply and performance issues.
- Prepare reagents, buffers and materials routinely used within the Analytical Chemistry Group to maintain chemical inventory and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous chemical waste, biohazard waste, and sharps waste.
- Schedule and coordinate equipment calibration, preventative maintenance and when applicable corrective maintenance with facilities maintenance and outside vendors.
- Perform routine calibration and basic maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assist with environmental chamber sample inventory as required.
- You have strong initiative and aim to complete ambitious tasks and learn new technologies.
- You are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a team environment.
This role requires a Bachelor’s Degree or Associates degree in a relevant field. Familiarity with general chemistry and biochemistry lab techniques preferred.Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (hourly)$21.56 - $33.73
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert