- UC Davis
- Davis, California
- $27.09 - $29.90/Hour
- Start date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biology, Chemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Under general guidance from the pharmacologist and pharmacology supervisor, responsible for the design and conduct of in vitro pharmacology and drug metabolism studies. Perform standard molecular biology techniques and participate in the update and development of analytical procedures, quality control procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Formulate strategies for implementing previously described and novel techniques, researching literature, and summarizing data for publication. Assist in training of students and other lab personnel. Responsible for record keeping, and information management developing and implementing novel techniques, researching literature, and summarizing data for publication.
Budgeted Salary Range: Initial placement will be between $27.09 - $29.90/Hour, commensurate with educational background and relevant working experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics or an equivalent combination of education and comparable experience in one or more of these research disciplines.
• Experience performing molecular techniques including: DNA and RNA extraction and purification, primer and probe design, standard and realtime PC, molecular cloning, recombinant protein expression, virus purification, electrophoresis and chromatography. Experience performing immunoassays.
• Experience or skills to maintain cell cultures.
• Skills in genetics, and immunology sufficient to understand, and follow published or documented techniques and procedures. Skills to adhere to lab quality assurance and control procedures and standards.
• Skills to work with nucleic acid databases, including but not limited to GenBank, EMBL, DDBJ, and related software for sequence analysis and manipulation, primer and probe design, and molecular epidemiology.
• Skills in mathematics and chemistry to perform calculations and accurately prepare reagents, buffers, and dilutions.
• Skills to use and maintain laboratory balances, scales, pH meters, thermocyclers, spectrophotometers, fluorescence scanners, micro-pipettes, centrifuges, electrophoresis and chromatography equipment, incubators.
• Experience with in vitro systems for the study of drug metabolism, including the use of liver microsomes and recombinant proteins. Carry out enzyme systems in order to identify metabolites and determine kinetic parameters following addition of test compounds.
• Skills to teach molecular techniques to staff, students, faculty, and visiting scientists.
• Computer skills to effectively use Windows based programs and statistical and graphing programs.
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application, please click "Apply."
Job ID#: 48689
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert