- GreenLight Biosciences, Inc.
- Lexington, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Engineering, Chemical Engineer, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
At GreenLight we are working to solve two of the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is a little over 260 people across our headquarters in Lexington, MA, an R&D facility and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
We are seeking a Biomanufacturing Associate for a manufacturing role to start-up and run day to day operation of GreenLight’s cGMP manufacturing operations in Lexington, MA. This individual will initially assist in the installation and qualification of biomanufacturing equipment leading into the production GMP materials in support of GreenLight’s portfolio. They will be tasked with being part of a dynamic manufacturing team scaling up and producing RNA material under GMP conditions in support of Clinical operation. The position offers growth potential for a very experienced manufacturing associate or someone just starting off their Biotech career with a growing biomanufacturing team within a growing company.
This associate role is part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for cGMP production of phase I/II clinical drug substance through to commercial processing. Initial focus is on the start-up of a new facility with new equipment by performing commissioning and qualification activities, creation of cGMP documentation (i.e., Batch Records, SOPs) and training within the production area.
- Aid in the installation, and qualification of respective bioprocessing equipment.
- Assist in the scheduling and daily manufacturing activities to maintain that schedule.
- Participate in the creation of cGMP manufacturing SOPs and Batch records.
- Execute upstream and downstream; Fermentation TFF and chromatography processes in a GMP environment.
- Ensures the operations in the manufacturing suites are performed in a manner that secures the safety of his fellow associates and in accordance with the cGMP production standards.
- Assist in the identification of process improvements to enhance ease of operation and reduce errors.
- Supports company and regulatory inspections as needed.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional certifications in relevant cGMP bioscience
- Worked in GMP biomanufacturing operations or within a laboratory environment, with 1 to 4 years' experience in the field.
- Familiarity with Fermentation and or Purification bioprocessing equipment
- Ability to follow Safety requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, and essential communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to interface with computerized systems required systems (i.e., Unicorn, DeltaV, Scada) and supporting business systems (i.e., Microsoft Teams, Quality and Document Management Systems etc.).
- Demonstrated capability to work as a team member in a matrix manufacturing team.
- Ability to multitask, time management and prioritize activities.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently, as a team member in a matrix manufacturing team and or with other cross functional groups.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment and able to lift up-to 25lb.
- Practical knowledge of the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to handle hazardous materials throughout manufacturing area.
- HS diploma, Associates Degree, or BS/BA in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.
GreenLight Biosciences is an integrated life sciences company with a cutting-edge platform to deliver higher-quality RNA at a lower cost and more quickly than was ever before possible.
GreenLight develops RNA products and collaborates with industry leaders to advance vaccine development, pandemic preparation, crop management, plant protection and support the health of bees and other pollinators. The GreenLight team values diversity, inclusion, and equality and promises to use collaboration to remain scientifically imaginative and passionately focused on making a difference in the world.
GreenLight is currently innovating in both the agriculture and life sciences industries. We aim to bring safe, effective solutions to market that are driven by rigorous scientific innovation. With your skills, you can help us get there.
200 Boston Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert