Director Technical Lab Operations #2845
- GRAIL, LLC
- Menlo Park, CA
- Start date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations, Science/R&D, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
The role is part of a larger Global Laboratory Operations group dedicated to delivering the company’s products at scale. Particularly you will be responsible for leading the teams responsible for the operational excellence program and process monitoring supporting Laboratory Operations. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience managing activities involved in Process Monitoring, Investigations and Troubleshooting, Continuous Improvement, Verification and Validation in a regulated environment. In this work you will connect and drive results with diverse teams throughout Grail including but not limited to Clinical Laboratory Operations, Engineering Operations, Manufacturing, Science & Technologies (MSAT), Quality, Commercial Operations, and Research & Development. The high complexity nature of the work requires strong technical capabilities in relation to Next-Gen Sequencing, excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, manage shifting priorities, and ability to lead high performing teams.
- Oversee the Technical Operations Group including managing the workload, establishing strategic vision, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Grail Leadership on the Company’s quality control and quality assurance procedures, technical troubleshooting and improvement procedures, and training and education programs. Lead and participate on cross functional teams responsible for implementation of new products, process improvements, and troubleshooting activities.
- Enhance the Laboratory Operations technical resources and act as key liaison between R&D, BXDS, and Operations
- Drive the Operations Excellence program and ensure strategic alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Champion the Operational Intelligence program while cultivating innovation in data visualization to drive insights in a complex environment
- Oversee the technical transfer of products into the production environment while adhering to the Quality Management System
- Review validation and stability study protocols and technical reports.
Your background should include;
- Typically requires BS/BA degree & 10+ years of related experience, or Masters & 8+ years of related experience, or PhD & 5+ years of related experience
- At least five years of Laboratory experience in a regulated environment or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations.
- Operations and people management experience required.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Strong collaborator and demonstrated track record of success in a cross functional team environment and management roles.
- Strong technical skills in NGS, molecular biology and other relevant industry knowledge.
- Strong automation and computing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $176,000 - $253,000.
Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
CEO: Bob Ragusa
1525 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert