Scientist I Computational Biologist – Oncology Translational Genomics
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biology, Biotechnology, Genomics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.About the role:
We are looking for an experienced computational biologist to lead our efforts to integrate, analyze and interpret multi-modal data for development of cancer therapeutics. The candidate will be expected to contribute to our mission to provide innovative cancer therapies to patients across our pipeline of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. The candidate will have a comprehension of biology (with a focus on immunology, oncology, or immuno-oncology) and the ability to apply modern computational biology approaches to provide scientific insights. The candidate will be influential across the entire drug discovery spectrum, contributing to projects moving from target identification and validation through early clinical proof of concept, providing translational hypotheses and predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to inform early clinical development strategies.How you will contribute:
- Work with functional and program leadership to develop and implement a computational biology roadmap and strategies.
- Visualize and interpret data types including genomics, transcriptomics, single cell sequencing, proteomics, and other high-dimensional datasets.
- Perform integrative analyses to deduce results contributing to the understanding of drug indication, mechanism of action, identification of response predictors and translational biomarkers.
- Establish a collaborative and influential role within biology-oriented project teams by working through the spectrum of experimental study design, assay selection, analysis, data integration and data interpretation.
- Work with data scientists and data engineering groups to enhance our computational infrastructure, user interface, data storage, query and visualization capabilities.
- Prepare and present comprehensive technical or project reports to a full range of internal and external audiences.
- Conduct scientific presentations to internal audiences and to external partnerships as indicated by projects and working with program leadership.
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer science, or similar discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience in immuno-oncology research and translation or M.S. with 6+ years of experience or B.S. with 8+ years of experience. Experience with oncology or immuno-oncology is preferred.
- Supportive of team-based research and able to work in a matrix organization.
- Have scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics. Prior experience with immuno-oncology, oncology or immunology is preferred but not required.
- Be experienced with genome scale analysis including some of the following: RNA-SEQ, DNA-SEQ, miRNA, copy number, epigenetics, and single cell sequencing.
- Theoretical knowledge of bioinformatics, computational biology.
- Keep current with latest trends in bioinformatics and computational biology.
- Familiarity with popular public domain data sources and programmatic interfaces.
- Have solid knowledge of Unix/Linux, command line interfaces, and fluency in some common scripting and/or programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, Java, C / C++).
- Be familiar with parallel computing, relational databases (e.g., SQL) and cloud computing or distributed computing (i.e. AWS).
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert