Director, Patient Recruitment and Retention
- Massachusetts - Virtual, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Marketing, Market Research/Customer Experience, Market Access
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company to inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director of Patient Recruitment and Retention based in Cambridge, MA or remotely reporting to the Head of Patient Recruitment and Retention .
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to accomplish their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, and work toward excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be an important contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director of Patient Recruitment and Retention working on the Clinical Study Startup and Engagement team, you will be empowered to lead the vision of "next practices" in patient recruitment and retention to maximize efficiency, and patient centricity in Takeda's operational execution of clinical research.
- Oversee and ensure the quality of existing patient recruitment and retention services to allow study teams to plan, forecast, and achieve patient enrollment goals.
- Imagine and bring forth creative processes, methodologies, data and technologies to ensure ongoing delivery of valued Patient Recruitment and Retention services.
- Lead study specific patient recruitment and retention strategies. Guide outsourced model using strategic partnerships, real-world data, new technologies with a specific focus on oncology, rare disease, gastroenterology, neuroscience and plasma-derived therapies.
- Provide guidance to Patient Recruitment and Retention team, creating activities to support clinical programs, including decision support data and methodologies for enrollment cycle time planning, protocol feasibility, site identification and selection, and recruitment planning and modeling, and selection of management of central recruitment support vendors.
- Systematically evaluate and communicate financial impacts of specialist vendors (recruitment and retention) and recruitment strategies to important partners.
- Grow a wide industry network to support the efforts of Takeda's clinical operations to reach enrollment goals.
- Educate clinical operations staff regarding trial optimization principles to ensure application and broader expertise.
- Empower and support members of team to achieve project specific solutions, perform continuous improvement and remove barriers to success.
- Work with important partners to develop and support collaborative activities that deliver patient engagement and enrollment within our clinical research studies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years' experience in patient recruitment, engagement and trial optimization within a pharmaceutical company, CRO or relevant vendor required.
- Expertise with leading edge trial optimization vendors, techniques and methods.
- Proficiency with software models and database structures.
- Experience driving recruitment and retention strategies and country/site identification and/or generation of materials and trial metrics.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
- In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
- Base Salary Range: $160,000 to $229,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- This posting is made in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
- This position is currently classified as "remote" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsMassachusetts - VirtualWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert