R&D Delivery Manager
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Information Technology, Project/Program Management, Sales & Service
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Delivery Service Manager where you will use your project/program management skills to lead the implementation of strategic core programs for a functional area with routine monitoring, measurement, and reporting of performance to budget, schedule, and business objectives. You will need to work in a multicultural team environment. You have experience working with local and virtual teams and are able to organize and direct others' work efforts with tact and diplomacy and contribute to the development of team members and team goals. You will work with the team to enable Takeda to lead in an organizational model that has a goal to deliver value to the business partners with different project methodologies. As part of the R&D Team, you will report to the Head, of Strategy and Business Operations.How you will contribute:
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams or programs composed of multiple projects/workstreams with medium complexity in the delivery of IT projects.
- Determine prioritizations for IT projects, plan solutions to achieve identified goals, drive program achievement, interface with senior IT management, and influences decision-making on projects.
- Manage governance alignment, including sourcing, budgeting, compliance, project, and portfolio R&D processes across global functional areas of R&D.
- Manage functional portfolio and provide status around risks, timelines, resources, and budget.
- Manage a team of internal or contractors supporting the scope of the project.
- Analyze business processes and operational workflows to understand and support our user community's needs, improvement opportunities, needs analysis, and user requirements.
- Manage a small team of internal employees and consultants within the department (Project managers team).
- Partners with business area leaders and Global Data, Digital and Technologies (GDD&T) across multiple functions to identify and plan major programs and projects.
- Leads and manages a small team of internal employees and consultants within the department (Project managers team)
- Drive global policies for program/project governance, planning, delivery, oversight and ensure that program/project governance effectively aligns with technology strategy/roadmaps and enterprise architecture plans.
- Drive processes for assigning budget and resources to programs/projects; tracking program/project budget and performance against planned; and updating priorities and budget/resource assignments based on performance and/or changes in conditions.
- Identifies and directs the program and resource priorities that align with business objectives and execute plans that drive toward goal achievement.
- Assure appropriate prioritization and alignment with the overall strategy and organizational direction.
- Establishes and manages key relationships across a broad sphere of influence in a matrix organization. Manage the overall relationship between R&D Technology, R&D Business Units (BUs) and GDD&T. Communicates with executives and managers in these areas on a regular basis to understand high-level requirements, address issues, manage expectations and review project/portfolio status.
- Responsible for the onboard, training, day to day operations and offboarding of all resources tied to a project/program.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of IT portfolio management experience or relevant experience.
- Project management experience, including management of full lifecycle implementations for major applications – agile methodology.
- Experience partnering with business area leaders to deliver programs.
- Experience providing IT and business consulting support to multiple business functions within a company. Computer Science or MIS (or equivalent).
- In-depth pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with validated systems.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $130,200 Min to $186,000 Mid, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert