Senior Maintenance Technician
- ImmunityBio, Inc
- El Segundo, CA
- Start date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Quality, Quality Assurance
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach
ImmunityBio, Inc. is a late-stage immunotherapy company developing next-generation therapies that drive immunogenic mechanisms for defeating cancer and infectious disease. The company’s immunotherapy platform is designed to activate both the innate (natural killer cell and macrophage) and adaptive (T cell) immune systems to create long-term “immunological memory.”
Why ImmunityBio?· ImmunityBio is developing cutting edge technology with the goal to transform the lives of patients with cancer and develop next-generation therapies and vaccines that complement, harness and amplify the immune system to defeat cancers and infectious diseases.· Opportunity to join an early-stage public biopharmaceutical company with a headquarters in Southern California.· Work with a collaborative team with the ability to work across different areas at the company.· Ability to join a growing company with development opportunities.
The Senior Maintenance Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to: Calibration, Maintenance, troubleshooting, and perform repairs on the Process Instrumentation and manufacturing equipment systems. Prepare calibration reports and details document completed work orders. Understand the Advance process and control theory of a Critical or Major system. Overhaul and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on plant equipment, filtration systems, centripetal equipment, pumps, Air Handling Units, sterilization, filling equipment, Plant and Critical Utility equipment electrical controls and instrumentations to include, but not limited to, pressure/Level/Temperature/pH indicators and transmitters, electrical distribution, variable frequency drives, electric motors, and electrical control systems. Additional responsibilities may include manufacturing supports systems and equipment and office building equipment /systems (i.e. monitor the building management system “BMS”).
- Performs preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis, including, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Filling, Sterilization Equipment, and electrical control systems as responsibility assigned to Manufacturing Maintenance in both cGMP and non-cGMP areas.
- Responsible for repairs and or replacement of the mechanical, electrical and controls components of Manufacturing, Sterilization, and Packaging Equipment as assigned.
- Ability to troubleshoot, and repair critical equipment including but not limited to: plant equipment, filtration systems, centripetal equipment, pumps, sterilization, filling packaging equipment, and electrical controls to include, but not limited to, indicators, electrical distribution, variable frequency drives, electric motors and electrical control systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repairs, and performing preventive maintenance of all utility systems (Water for Injection, Neutralization system, boilers, chillers, and HVAC equipment) process systems (Bioreactors, autoclaves) and laboratory equipment (centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers, incubators, and analytical devices).
- Safely use hand tools, power tools, and equipment on a daily basis to accomplish tasks.
- Conducts daily facility walk-thru inspection, identifying and resolving issues immediately
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the shop and facilities
- Able to work after hours and on-call as needed; weekend shift support and shutdowns
- Overseeing maintenance services performed onsite by subcontractors
- Order spare parts and materials required for the daily operations of the critical equipment’s
- Support engineering projects including but not limited to: equipment installation, commissioning, and validation process.
- Ability to perform Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) job plans
- Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining accurate records and reports.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Attend required training and meetings.
- This position supports all equipment and utility operations at multiple facilities, up to 25% drive time may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School degree with 5-7 years of experience in a biotech/pharma industry required.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience in maintenance in a biotech/pharma industry, or AA degree with 4-6 years of experience
- GMP facility experience preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multitask and exercise good judgment
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment and maintain a high level of customer service
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent Instrumentation and mechanical skills and knowledge of maintenance principles.
- Hands-on execution of maintenance of process equipment, utility equipment, and facilities
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, OSHA compliance, HVAC systems, and clean rooms, automated pharmaceutical processing, and plant equipment.
- Follow and comply with EPA, OSHA, and NFPA regulations and with SOPs and cGMP policies.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
- Strong teamwork/cooperation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task or work independently
- Great follow-through
- Positive attitude at all times
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time on a day to day basis (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
*All hires are based upon completion and passage of a background check
This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus and equity award. The pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on the successful candidate’s qualifications, prior experience as well as geographic location.
$38.00 (entry-level qualifications) to $46.00 (highly experienced)
ImmunityBio employees are as valuable as the people we serve. We have built a resource of robust benefit offerings to best support the total wellbeing of our team members and their families. Our competitive total rewards benefits package, for eligible employees, include: Medical, Dental and Vision Plan Options • Health and Financial Wellness Programs • Employer Assistance Program (EAP) • Company Paid and Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts • 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match • 529 Education Savings Program • Voluntary Legal Services, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance and Employee Discounts, Rewards and Perks • Paid Time Off (PTO) includes: 11 Holidays • Exempt Employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO • Non-Exempt Employees are eligible for 15 Vacation Days, 56 Hours of Health Pay, 2 Personal Days and and 1 Cultural Day• We are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to optimize your Health and Wellness.
At ImmunityBio, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
ImmunityBio is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. ImmunityBio may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert