- United States Pharmacopeia
- Rockville, MD
- Start date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Administration, Training, Information Technology, Project/Program Management, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
The Program Associate for the Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+), Health Elements portfolio is a non-supervisory position that contributes to the successful planning, implementation, and program management of the centrally funded Health Elements portfolio. Working closely with the Director, Health Elements, the Program Associate will support core Maternal and Child Health (MCH), Cross Bureau, and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) implementation of workplan activities. The Program Associate will also support the Director, Health Elements in tracking and reporting on country funded malaria initiatives as well as helping country funded portfolios align their malaria work and messaging with PMI strategic priorities.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
- Supports partner engagement efforts for sub awards, fixed rate agreements and other contract types aligning with USPs standard operating procedures and policies, and working with cross functional teams including legal, contracts, and finance teams to finalize and execute contracts.
- Supports procurement of goods and services and ensures all procurements follow USAID rules and regulations and USP policies, consistent with budget allocation, and properly reflect PQM+/USAID interests. Works to coordinate the procurement process throughout the procurement cycle from request through to delivery and payments.
- Supports Health Elements quarterly reporting and workplan updates
- Proactively anticipates, identifies, and facilitates resolution of potential project issues relating to delays in PQM+ activities/obligations, budget, and timelines, by collaborating with the internal and external teams.
- Assists in tracking sub-recipient technical deliverables and budgets; reviews financial submissions and deliverable schedules, to include proactive follow-up with sub-recipient; tracks program budget and facilitates budget revisions for sub-recipients, as necessary.
- Assesses key program information and data for input into appropriate PQM+ monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) tool; facilitates consistent transfer of program results; serves as a focal point for MEL platform.
- Coordinates and ensures that all travel, consultant, procurement, and deliverables trackers are up to date.
- Ensures consistent document management to include proper filing, archival, and storage of program documentation and files according to USP and donor policies.
- Assists in organizing and facilitating regular meetings with the donor and tracking action items that arise during these meetings.
- Other program related duties as assigned.
- Supports development of program management tools and templates for the Health Elements portfolio
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required and a minimum of 3 years of experience with program management and administration for global health programs or pharmaceutical programs, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Additional Desired Preferences
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Comfortable working with internal and external professionals
- Demonstrated ability to support implementation of multiple projects in a timely manner
- Advanced computer competence (MS Office programs, MS Project or similar)
- Awareness of and interest in the role of pharmaceutical management in Global Health is beneficial
- Awareness of and interest in Maternal and Child Health and Neglected Tropical Disease programming is beneficial
- Awareness of and interest in malaria and PMI programming is beneficial
- Awareness of Strategic Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) strategies is beneficial
- Familiarity with and interest in implementation of global health activities is beneficial
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Technical Programs
Job Type Full-Time
USP is an independent, scientific nonprofit organization focused on building trust in the supply of safe, quality medicines. We are working to strengthen the global supply chain so that the medicines people rely on for health are available when needed and work as expected. We do this through establishing public scientific standards and programs that help ensure billons of people around the world have access to safe and quality products.
USP aspires to be a diverse, inclusive, innovative, and engaging organization that empowers and engages staff and volunteers to contribute to its mission to improve global health. We are committed to creating a culture where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, family status, and where they can contribute their full potential to accomplish our mission.
At USP, you’ll join a talented and diverse team of 1,200 scientific, technical and public health professions, working in state-of-the-art facilities and collaborating with the world’s leading experts from industry, academia, healthcare, and government to address public health challenges and advance cutting-edge innovation.
Whether you’re helping to establish new USP standards, creating key resources to address emerging health issues, or providing critical technical assistance in the developing countries, you’ll be inspired by the positive impact your work has on building public trust and a healthier tomorrow.
12601 Twinbrook Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert