- Eikon Therapeutics
- Hayward, California
- Start date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Immunology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
We are building a new immunology team to launch, drive, and support multiple therapy pipeline programs including inflammation and cancer. As a Scientist at Eikon, you will play a key role as a biology experimentalist in our interdisciplinary team to perform target validation studies and support drug discovery and development processes. You’ll be collaborating and working closely with a team of biologists, chemists, and engineering experts.
- You’re a rigorous experimentalist who enjoys and takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench.
- You possess scientific curiosity and enjoy problem solving
- You’re passionate about drug discovery and discovering effective treatments for patients
- You’re conscientious, detail oriented, and organized
- You’re collaborative by nature and are happy to help
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute cellular/molecular/biochemical assays that are pertinent to immune cell function to support drug discovery programs including validating drug targets, developing disease-relevant cell-based assays, and elucidating the mechanisms of action of compounds
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Analyze, interpret, and present scientific findings
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse research team to successfully progress scientific goals
- Help establish a new lab to support immunology therapeutic area
- Postdoc fellowship or PhD plus 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's plus 12 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor's plus 14 years of relevant experience in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, immunology, or a related field.
- Experience in discovering, validating, and/or characterizing drug targets through genetic and/or pharmacological approaches
- Hands-on proficiency in standard immunology, cell and molecular biology techniques such as mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, CRISPR, molecular cloning, PCR/RT-PCR, Western blots, and transfection and transduction technologies
- Proficiency in primary data analysis and data interpretation
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and build open collaborative relationships
- Experience in inflammation and/or cancer immunotherapy programs - preferred but not required
- Experience working with PBMC and other primary human cells - preferred but not required
- Experience in fixed or live-cell fluorescent imaging, functional genomics or other omics-based approaches, processing and analyzing large datasets - preferred but not required
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $118,000 to $136,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is a pioneering drug discovery and development company that leverages superior engineering and high-performance computing to analyze single molecule protein behavior in living cells. We are engineering a battery of innovative tools and technologies for biological exploration in drug discovery and beyond.
Eikon thrives on the energy and creativity of interdisciplinary teams. We are physicists and chemists, biologists and engineers. We spend our days context-switching between multiple scientific languages. We work with lasers, super-resolution microscopes, and robot arms. We leverage machine learning, cell line engineering, and the collective intelligence of world-class scientists and technologists to observe therapeutically relevant biology in a way no one has before.
We’re endlessly curious, intellectually honest and we love what we do. We’re driven to learn the true mechanisms of biology and pharmacology at the molecular level, to make the biggest difference in as many lives as possible.
3929 Point Eden Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert