Senior Scientist: Protein Purification
- Celltheon Corporation
- Union City, CA
- Start date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Science/R&D, Bioanalytical Services, Bio-Assay Development, Biology, Biotechnology, Biotherapeutics, Chemistry, Research, Immunology
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
Celltheon is seeking an innovative, independent and motivated professional with experience and expertise in protein purification development. The successful candidate will join a team of scientists focused in recombinant protein purification (chromatography), protein characterization, analytics, and method development to analyze recombinant proteins during various stages of cell line development, process development and scale up.
• Protein purification: Develop 1-3 column custom purification process to purify proteins produced from mammalian cells (i.e: mAbs, Fabs, Fc-fusions, bi-specifics, extracellular proteins, etc).
• Unit operations: Develop bench scale purification techniques including harvesting, filtration, chromatography (SEC, ProA, CEX, AEX, HIC, IMAC, Mixed modes), UF/DF.
• Analytics (Preferred): Carry out assays of process intermediate samples like Protein A HPLC for titer, RP-HPLC, SEC HPLC, CEX HPLC, N-Glycan analysis, SDS-PAGE, etc.
• Manufacturing (Preferred): Scale-up chromatographic processes and other unit operations developed at bench-scale for pilot scale purification to support manufacturing operations.
• Maintenance: Maintain purification and analytic equipment such as HPLC and FPLC regular maintenance (i.e: initiate cleaning procedures between system change overs).
• Minimum of Master's degree in Biotechnology, Bioprocessing, Bioscience or a related field plus 5+ years of industry experience
• Protein purification: hands-on experience with FPLC (and analytical HPLC is desired).
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Ability to prepare 10-50L of buffers and work in a biosafety cabinet.
• Ability and desire to be a good team-player and work collaboratively with other departments.
Celltheon Corporation is an expression technologies company located in the San Francisco Bay area. Our expertise is focused on expression of recombinant therapeutic proteins such as mAbs, Fabs, Bi-specific antibodies, and difficult to express proteins. We are dedicated to offering our clients a diverse range of technical expertise from molecular biology, cell culture, and production of early stage pre-clinical material. Celltheon employees enjoy the benefit of having the opportunity to work in a diverse challenging and technical environment with a chance to learn and contribute in multiple areas, offering both personal and professional growth in a short time frame.
Celltheon seeks talented, dedicated individuals to join its growing team. Celltheon offers a competitive salary and benefits program. If you desire a position in an active, collaborative scientific environment with the opportunity for professional growth and contribution, please apply to our open positions through Biospace.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert