- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Frederick, MD
- Start date
- Jan 30, 2023
- Regulatory, Regulatory Affairs
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
Job ID: req3179
Employee Type: nonexempt full-time
Division: Applied & Development Research Program
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
The Applied/Developmental Research Directorate (ADRD) integrates two diverse laboratory and support programs: support to the Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis (DCTD) and the Clinical Services Program (CSP). DCTD facilitates paths of unique molecules, diagnostic tests, and therapeutic interventions to clinical applications, including distinct molecular signatures for cancer, refined molecular assays, and the state-of-the-art imaging techniques that are too high-risk for industry or academia to pursue. CSP Laboratories provide processing and testing support to approximately 150 NIH-sponsored clinical trials, with five program laboratories registered to perform testing regulated under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Primary responsibility is for transporting both clinical and research samples between the NIH-Bethesda campus and the laboratories at the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR).
- In addition, specimens may be transported to or from other sites in the Washington and Baltimore area as needed to support the work scope of the CSP
- Samples include blood, blood products and other clinical material, tissue
culture samples and samples from research animals and include samples
from subjects known to be infected with HIV or other agents or those known to
contain low levels of radioactivity as well as samples from patients with cancer and other diseases
- This position
also requires close daily interaction with laboratory and medical staff
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, transportation of samples and
correspondence between FNLCR locations, transporting the vehicle for routine
repair and/or service, and maintaining accurate transport records.
to routinely lift and carry up to 50lbs; sit for periods of time, bend and stoop
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of job related experience
- Maintain a valid Maryland Driver's License with no more than 3 points as determined by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Capable of handling a flexible schedule.
- Excellent communications skills
- Emergency first aid and CPR and related emergency procedures; elementary care and maintenance of a motor vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
A rewarding career with global impact
Whether you’re an expert in your field or just starting out, we have a career opportunity for you. We’re always looking for people to join us in fulfilling the mission of the Frederick National Laboratory: discovery, innovation, and success in the biomedical sciences.
Our team of 2,400+ scientists, technicians, administrators, and support staff work at the forefront of basic, translational, and preclinical science, with a focus on cancer, AIDS, and other infectious diseases.
We collaborate with colleagues across the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and others throughout the National Institutes of Health. We also engage with extramural investigators in academia, government and industry.
Your path to joining our team begins with the desire to work for the only national laboratory dedicated to biomedical research. Our employees share a common desire to help make a difference in cancer research and public health concerns. As you search for a career that fits your education, skills, and abilities, explore the core values that guide us and emphasize work-life balance.
Discover why joining the Frederick National Laboratory team could be the most important career step you take
8560 Progress Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert