- Hayward, CA
- Start date
- Jan 24, 2023
- Administration, Training, Manufacturing & Production, Operations, Process
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Technical Trainer provides technical and re-training of manufacturing associates. Assesses level of competency per specified SOP. Assists with the preparation of training materials. The ultimate goals of the role are skilled and confident employees faster and more effective onboarding simple, visual, and harmonized training material.
- Provide general support (mentorship and coaching) to new hires during their first month.
- Provide technical training for MFG new hires. Support re-training for MFG as required.
- Provide training for selected new employee onboarding courses, in coordination with GMP and other training functions.
- Ensure quality and safety guidelines are transmitted in training.
- Assist in the preparation of training materials (Videos, Work Instructions, Performance Measures, PowerPoint slides, etc.).
- Attain/maintain trainer qualification status in identified areas of specialization.
- Assess trainees’ competencies and qualifications.
- Update trainees' training statuses in the Tech Training repository.
- Support and promote a culture/mindset of process improvement and problem-solving.
- Degree (preferred) BSc Field of Study Science-related field
- On the floor Downstream manufacturing process knowledge
- Develops skills and confidence in trainees
- Establishes trust and builds strong relationships with our internal customers
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to the biotechnology industry
- Strong knowledge of GMP and safety concepts
- Self-discipline and good attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this position is expected to range between $86,000.00 and $101,000.00 annually. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza is a preferred global partner to the pharmaceutical, biotech and nutrition markets. We work to enable a healthier world by supporting our customers to deliver new and innovative medicines that help treat a wide range of diseases. We achieve this by combining technological insight with world-class manufacturing, scientific expertise and process excellence. Our unparalleled breadth of offerings enables our customers to commercialize their discoveries and innovations in the healthcare industry.
Founded in 1897 in the Swiss Alps, today, Lonza operates across five continents. With more than 17,000 employees (full-time equivalent), we comprise high-performing teams and individual talent who make a meaningful difference to our own business, as well as to the communities in which we operate. The company generated sales of CHF 3 billion with a CORE EBITDA of CHF 987 million in H1 2022. Find out more at www.lonza.com
1978 W Winton Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert