Director, Sales and Business Development
- Alloy Therapeutics
- Waltham, MA
- Start date
- Jan 23, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Sales & Service, Account Management, Business Development
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Director, Sales and Business Development
Full Time | Apply Here
We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive at Alloy!
The Business Development Team at Alloy operates seamlessly, attracting and securing opportunities from the academic, biotech and pharmaceutical communities, forming partnerships that leverage Alloy’s bevy of platform technologies and discovery services. Our approach is to treat all contacts as partners, even those who have not yet engaged with Alloy formally. Our firm belief is that every relationship and conversation is valuable. Working closely with the Discovery Services Team, we deliver a high-touch experience, driving the ‘ground game’ revenue that fuels further innovation and growth at Alloy.
As a Director of Sales and Business Development, you will report to the VP of BD & Sales and be responsible for cultivating and building a pipeline for new engagement for Alloy’s platforms and service offerings. This role requires a proven sales professional able to manage a high-volume deal flow, leading negotiation of contracts, coordination of legal review, and presentation of final agreements to Alloy executive leadership.
This role requires require the individual to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact comfortably with all levels of the Alloy organization with autonomy owning various stakeholders, projects, and tasks in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of Alloy. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Sell: Generate revenue by developing a customer base and net new customer growth from current and new channels; optimize existing relationships to take advantage of additional Alloy capabilities meeting revenue goals
- Represent: Serve as a spokesperson for Alloy, at external conferences and in one-on-one meetings
- Flexibility: create and maintain sales budgets and forecasts, communicating frequently with the Finance team and other stakeholders.
- Prioritize: ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through on deadline-driven projects to completion
- Organize: ensure that the customer experience during the sales and after sales process is a well-coordinated effort; maintain an effective flow of information between the sales team and other areas of Alloy to ensure positive partner experiences
Why We Value You
- You are a great negotiator and a great listener
- You are passionate about your work, starting and ending everyday excited about sharing the Alloy mission to “make better medicine together”
- You have peripheral attention to detail
- You will leverage best practices in sales management tools, reporting and forecasting
- You read the room very well and know how to manage a conversation to the most mutually beneficial outcome
- You are dedicated to ensuring our partners experience excellent customer service
- You develop rapport with your prospective partners, they seek you out when they or you are in a new role.
- You reduce ideas to practice and enjoy building and implementing a successful sales process.
- You align sales objectives with operational capacity and marketing direction to ensure sustainable and predictable revenue
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably with a scientific services background
- Accommodate occasional travel as needed (40%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Alloy Therapeutics is a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. We provide affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma.
Our lead offering, the ATX-Gx™ platform, is a human therapeutic antibody discovery platform consisting of a growing suite of proprietary transgenic mice strains.
Founded in 2017 and privately funded by visionary investors, we are headquartered in Boston, MA with European labs in Cambridge, UK.
As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, Alloy reinvests 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation.
44 Hartwell Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert