Scientist I / Scientist II – Chemistry
- ReCode Therapeutics
- Menlo Park, California
- Start date
- Jan 21, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated Chemist to expand our next-generation SORT LNP platform. This is an outstanding opportunity for a well-rounded chemistry generalist with a keen scientific aptitude and curiosity coupled with passion for using chemistry to tackle the broadest variety of synthetic challenges to advance our non-viral delivery technology. The successful candidate will be an integral part of enabling targeting of lipid-nanoparticles in support of ReCode’s next generation in vivo delivery platform.
- Contribute to novel LNP discovery and formulation, process development, and optimization for in vivo delivery of mRNA, siRNA, gene therapy, and other therapeutic modalities
- Design, synthesize, and purify novel chemical compounds including, but not limited to- lipids, polymers, or bioconjugates with minimal supervision
- Work closely with analytical and formulation scientists to characterize and evaluate compounds for delivery systems
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner, providing guidance and troubleshooting where appropriate
- Manage one or more direct reports; hire and mentor additions to the team
- PhD in Chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical or bioengineering, or a related field
- Prior experience in lipid chemistry or conjugation chemistries for drug delivery. Knowledge of NMR, MS, HPLC, TLC, and other common analytical methods
- Excellent project leadership skills in driving for results and innovation; ability to execute within a matrixed organization
- Extremely organized and able to efficiently manage your time and workflow, including skillfully prioritizing both long-term projects and day-to-day responsibilities
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and considerate of the needs of others
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to developing the next generation of lipid nanoparticles
Salary Range: *
*110-120k - Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Why Behind Our Work
We imagine a world where people living with genetic diseases can fully benefit from the promise of genetic medicines. Our novel mRNA and gene correction therapeutics have the potential to make this a reality.
Therapeutic Areas of Focus
Primary ciliary dyskinesia
Certain cancers and central nervous system (CNS) diseases
Power the Next Wave of Genetic Medicine
We are one of the rare companies whose innovations are poised to fundamentally shift an entire class of medicine.
Join us as we advance our pipeline into clinical development and scale ReCode’s next-generation genetic medicines delivery platform and pipeline.
1140 O'Brien Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert