Executive Director, FP&A
- Entrada Therapeutics
- Boston, MA
- Start date
- Jan 21, 2023
- Administration, Accounting, Finance, Sales & Service, Business Development
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
What's happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients' quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We're a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.The Perfect Fit
Entrada is in search of an Executive Director, FP&A to lead and advance our FP&A team. Our FP&A team is a key business partner throughout the organization and responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, scenario planning and management reporting. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, the opportunity to build, innovate and collaborate, then this could be just the job for you!
The right candidate will possess the following skills and competences for this position:
- In-depth financial expertise: highly skilled and motivated professional with strong background in financial modeling, scenario planning and analysis; including prior financial leadership experience working in the biotech industry.
- Valued business partner: possesses the technical expertise, interpersonal communication skills and strong collaboration capabilities to partner with various business leaders on broader business matters.
- Leadership and management: demonstrated track record leading a team of high performing finance professionals, leads by example and adept at change management. Must be able to effectively manage cross functional initiatives, possess a strong work ethic and a proven ability to manage deadlines across multiple priorities.
- Reporting and technology: ability to deliver executive level reporting in a clear and concise manner, leverage and deploy technology enabling capabilities, mastery of Microsoft Excel to efficiently manage financial forecasts and models.
- Behavior & culture: enjoys environments where he or she can be his or her authentic self, respects and seeks out others input, and approaches change with a continuous improvement mindset.
The Executive Director of FP&A will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for all aspects of financial planning and analysis, budget and forecast preparation, financial modeling and related reporting. This role will be responsible for developing best-in-class processes, robust reporting and analytical capabilities that align resources with the Company’s strategic priorities. This role will work closely with the leadership team, responsible for board level presentation materials and able to effectively engage throughout the organization.Roles and Responsibilities
Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Lead annual budget and forecast processes with clear guidelines and expectations for planners, interface extensively with cross-functional partners to understand and validate submissions and oversee overall financial projections.
- Maintain projections for both GAAP P&L and cash flow, assist in quarterly earnings report and accustomed to public company requirements.
- Deliver and enhance management monthly reporting package for CFO review including key metrics to assess actual results vs. plan, cash runway, headcount, program allocations and projection of future spend.
- Support management of collaboration partnerships, effectively forecast collaboration expenses and report on results in a timely manner.
- Serve as a valued business partner delivering timely departmental planner insights that enhance decision making and support the company’s goals.
- Ensure our FP&A processes are both effective and efficient, making changes as necessary to continue to scale with the organization and optimize financial systems/technology to improve the planning process.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis to key business partners and influence best decision making through financial data and analytics.
Strategic FP&A, long range planning and financial modeling
- Lead long range planning based on various scenarios to inform strategic decision making and cash runway impacts.
- Oversee internal Company financial models to evaluate current pipeline, impacts to changes in assumptions and potential opportunities.
- Support financing related activities and provide insights on capital allocations.
- Partner with Business Development and Strategy to assess potential BD and collaboration opportunities.
- Partner with Investor Relations to support financial FAQs and review of analyst financial model assumptions.
- Execute on special projects as necessary.
FP&A functional leader and cross functional leadership
- Strong team leadership skills and demonstrated experience developing direct reports to support optimal growth through guidance and constructive feedback.
- Engaging cross functional partner readily able to understand business drivers, identify common goals and build alignment across teams.
- Effectively manages competing priorities to keep all stakeholders informed and aligned on deliverables.
- Partner with the accounting team during month and quarter end close to ensure accuracy of results and reasonableness of business accruals.
- Ensure FP&A business processes and policies are fit for purpose, operating effectively and serve to strengthen internal controls.
- Seek opportunities to optimize our current vendor spend and sourcing.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity - We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity - We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity - We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration - We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity - We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Bachelor’s degree Finance/Accounting/Economics, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive financial analysis experience and leadership, including relevant biotech or pharma experience and public company reporting.
- Financial statement knowledge and understanding of US GAAP.
- Confident, high energy, analytical and articulate leader with strategic understanding of value creation and an ability to influence at an executive level.
- Strong business partnering skills.
- Previous experience building, leading and developing high performing teams.
- Track record of innovation & process improvement.
- Highly accountable professional with ability to delegate effectively while also providing hands-on support & mentoring.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment and integrate multiple points of view to make informed decisions.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Experience with business development financial modeling and NPV analysis.
- Advanced level user in MS office, particularly Excel and Power Point, and financial systems, including Planful, NetSuite and similar systems.
- Experience with the design, development and optimization of financial forecasting systems and ERP-driven data with budgeting and forecasting.
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.
Entrada Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company aiming to transform the lives of patients by establishing a new class of medicines, Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV™) therapeutics, to engage intracellular targets that have long been considered inaccessible and undruggable. The Company’s EEV therapeutics are designed to enable the efficient intracellular delivery of a wide range of therapeutics into a variety of organs and tissues with an improved therapeutic index. Through its proprietary, highly versatile and modular EEV platform, Entrada is building a robust development portfolio of oligonucleotide-, antibody- and enzyme-based programs for the potential treatment of neuromuscular diseases, immunology, oncology and diseases of the central nervous system. The Company’s lead oligonucleotide programs include ENTR-601-44 targeting Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and ENTR-701 targeting myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1).
Stock Symbol: TRDA
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
6 Tide Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert