Operations Manufacturing Coordinator (2nd Shift)
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Start date
- Jan 20, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management, Manufacturing & Production
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
- Exercises job knowledge to independently perform job responsibilities and provides on the job training where necessary.
- Directs operational activities and manpower schedules and can fill in as a group leader when necessary.
- Analyzes equipment performance for potential maintenance issues. Anticipates issues with manufacturing productivity and works to resolve alarm issues and equipment failures.
- Communicates all operational events and issues with appropriate individuals. Assists in responsibility for the productivity of group/shift. Assists in supervising direct labor and non-direct labor where applicable. Knowledgeable of all jobs in assigned area of responsibility and Good Manufacturing Practices policies. Demonstrates compliance to local and industry quality and safety standards.
- Leads and organizes operators in solving problem situations. Recommends and leads improvements on manufacturing and departmental processes and procedures.
- Conducts all business in a professional manner. Confronts issues in a constructive manner at an appropriate organizational level, and takes ownership of tasks.
- Participates in the sharing of information to promote overall efficiency of production. Attends and actively participates in meetings.
- Coordinates the delivery of raw materials and/or commodities needed to meet production schedule. Coordinates final product delivery.
- Articulates problems and provides a positive media for group communication.
- High School diploma required.
- Must have strong technical knowledge with manufacturing experience in a chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, or similar environment.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of plant economics to make decisions aimed at efficiency, quality, safety and reliability.
- General computer knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office, Email, etc.). Proficient use of manufacturing monitoring systems to track and trend data critical to processes (i.e. PI, SAP, etc.)
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert