Glassware Processor (ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN-ON BONUS)
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Frederick, MD
- Start date
- Jan 19, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
Glassware Processor (ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN-ON BONUS)
Job ID: req3277
Employee Type: nonexempt full-time
Division: Basic Science Program
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
FOR A LIMITED TIME – We are offering a one-time $1,200.00 Sign-On bonus, less applicable taxes to the successful candidate hired for this position! Candidate must pass background check and meet all onboarding requirements including pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Operating as a component of the Basic Services Office (BSO), Central Glassware Services performs the daily pick up, washing, sterilizing and delivery of laboratory related items and glassware to research facilities located at the FNLCR.
- Picks up soiled glassware items from laboratories, plastic tanks containing disinfectant
- Processes soiled glassware by machine washing, drying and sterilizing in a central kitchen facilities
- Restocks laboratory glassware cabinets with appropriate quantities of laboratory glassware
- Maintains inventories of laboratory glassware for investigators and reevaluates daily requirements as necessary
- Maintains inventories of glassware reserves in the kitchen
- Performs soap residue indicator test on washed glassware
- Assists in processing glassware of absent coworkers
- Works in other glassware kitchens as required
- Performs general housekeeping duties
- This position may be designated as a Primary Driver and will be responsible for complying with the Leidos Biomedical use of Government Owned or Leased Vehicles Policy
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a responsible authority
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- Must have and maintain a valid State Driver's License issued by the state in which the incumbent/candidate resides
- Must have no more than 3 demerit points in the previous twelve (12) months or five (5) demerit points in the preceding thirty-six (36) months per company policy
- Ability to perform physical duties including lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Duties include walking,
standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, working in confined areas,
potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- One (1) year of general/support level work experience in any field
- Knowledge of laboratory glassware
- Basic record keeping skills
- Metric system and basic mathematical skills
- This position may require continuous or intermittent exposure to and exertion in environmental conditions such as working outdoors, temperature extremes, humidity extremes. etc. as part of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
A rewarding career with global impact
Whether you’re an expert in your field or just starting out, we have a career opportunity for you. We’re always looking for people to join us in fulfilling the mission of the Frederick National Laboratory: discovery, innovation, and success in the biomedical sciences.
Our team of 2,400+ scientists, technicians, administrators, and support staff work at the forefront of basic, translational, and preclinical science, with a focus on cancer, AIDS, and other infectious diseases.
We collaborate with colleagues across the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and others throughout the National Institutes of Health. We also engage with extramural investigators in academia, government and industry.
Your path to joining our team begins with the desire to work for the only national laboratory dedicated to biomedical research. Our employees share a common desire to help make a difference in cancer research and public health concerns. As you search for a career that fits your education, skills, and abilities, explore the core values that guide us and emphasize work-life balance.
Discover why joining the Frederick National Laboratory team could be the most important career step you take
8560 Progress Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert