Purchasing Buyer – Contract (South San Francisco, CA)
- Sutro Biopharma, Inc
- South San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Jan 19, 2023
- Administration, Manufacturing & Production, Materials/Inventory Control
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a motivated and talented buyer to join our team. The ideal candidate will plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of materials, equipment, and services through the production cycle of the R&D department and corporate facility to determine required materials. The role will create R&D and Facility schedules, maintain inventory, equipment, and services at planned levels. Additionally, they will monitor costs, schedules and scopes of all commodities and subcontractors to assure best quality at best value. This is a 6-month temporary position, extendable based on business needs.
- Purchase materials and services at the least possible cost to support the R&D and Corporate facility.
- Source new vendors and evaluate vendor performance quarterly.
- Adhere to and enforce Sutro’s hierarchal purchasing policies and procedures in compliance with existing Signature and Expenditure Authority Policy. Review all proposals and make recommendations and changes to obtain a fair contract on services, equipment and materials required.
- Obtain RFQs and evaluate bids based on purchasing policies and procedures and make awards to winning suppliers or service providers.
- Review and update open purchase orders as needed and resolve discrepant orders in Dynamics 365 immediately.
- Resolve discrepancies with internal customers, vendors and accounting.
- Process and order approved goods or services and enter orders into Dynamics 365 by converting an approved purchase requisition into a purchase order.
- Expedite past due orders with vendors and ensure that credit memos for returned materials are obtained prior to shipment of replacement orders.
- Negotiate with vendors on high dollar materials, equipment and services to obtain the best possible cost to support company requirements.
- Develop new source of suppliers to widen the vendor base on high dollar equipment, services and materials.
- Miscellaneous purchasing tasks and projects as assigned.
- Assist users with using Dynamics 365 for requisition creation.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience in purchasing and/or materials management in a SOX regulated internal control environment.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a business/scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 / AX ERP software preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
The anticipated salary range for fully qualified candidates applying for this role at Sutro Biopharma’s California based locations will be $75,000 – $85,000 (not including bonus, equity, and benefits). The final salary offered will be dependent on several factors that include and are not limited to relevant previous experience, job responsibilities and duration of experience, the type and length of experience within the industry and education.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., headquartered in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage oncology company pioneering site-specific and novel-format antibody drug conjugates (ADCs). Sutro has two wholly owned ADCs in the clinic—STRO-002, a folate receptor alpha (FolRα)-targeting ADC, in clinical studies for ovarian and endometrial cancers; and STRO-001, a CD74-targeting ADC, in clinical studies for B-cell malignancies.
Additionally, Sutro is collaborating with Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) on CC-99712, a BCMA-targeting ADC in the clinic for patients with multiple myeloma; with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, known as EMD Serono in the U.S. and Canada (EMD Serono), on M1231, a MUC1-EGFR bispecific ADC in clinical studies for patients with solid tumors, particularly non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma; with Merck, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, on MK-1484, a selective IL-2 agonist in clinical studies as a monotherapy and in combination with pembrolizumab for the treatment of solid tumors; and with Astellas Pharma (Astellas) on novel modality, immunostimulatory antibody-drug conjugates (iADCs). Sutro’s platform technology also enabled the spin out of Vaxcyte (Nasdaq: PCVX) and the creation of VAX-24, a 24-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in clinical studies for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease. Sutro’s rational design and precise protein engineering has enabled six product candidates in the clinic.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to ADCs, bispecific antibodies, cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, and vaccines directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates. In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics.
Follow Sutro on Twitter, @Sutrobio, and at www.sutrobio.com to learn more about our passion for changing the future of oncology.
Stock Symbol: STRO
111 Oyster Point Blvd
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert