Technician I, QC Laboratory Resources
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Lansing, MI
- Start date
- Jan 19, 2023
- Quality, Quality Control, Science/R&D, Laboratory
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
The incumbent in this position will provide for the care and daily observation of animals as required to assure continued accreditation through the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC), and the continued availability of Emergent’s unique stock of guinea pig for use in product related testing. Staff must be qualified through education and/or training to carry out the necessary program requirements.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Animal Care & Facility Support
• Daily care of animals (feeding, watering, observing) cleaning cages, maintaining a high level of cleanliness and sanitation in the animal area
• Performance of technical assignments in care of animals such as weighing animals, recording weights, test set-up coordination, performing identification technique, euthanasia, and may collect or administer materials and samples
• May work in a biocontainment area
• Operation of autoclaves / cage washers / may operate forklifts; manual cleaning of caging and facilities.
• Willing to work overtime as assigned and as needed including weekends and holidays
Testing & Review
• May perform limited non-routine testing via protocol
• Limited peer review (calculations, logs, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• HS Diploma or equivalent
Skills & Experience Required
• 2-4 years of experience
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft teams, outlook, and PowerPoint is preferred
Skills & Experience Preferred
• Certification through AALAS is preferred
• Experience with animals, particularly in a laboratory animal environment, is highly desirable
• Experience in cGMP/GLP practices in a FDA/USDA regulated environment is preferred
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Emergent BioSolutions is a global life sciences company whose mission is to protect and enhance life. Through our specialty products and contract development and manufacturing services, we are dedicated to providing solutions that address public health threats. Through social responsibility, we aim to build healthier and safer communities. We aspire to deliver peace of mind to our patients and customers so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. In working together, we envision protecting or enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030. For more information visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter.
Stock Symbol: EBS
400 Professional Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert