Sr. HR Business Partner
- Vaxcyte, Inc.
- San Carlos, California
- Start date
- Jan 18, 2023
- Administration, Human Resources/Recruiting, Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’ssystemforproducingdifficult-to-makeproteinsandantigensisintendedtoaccelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-XP, aPCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of greater than 30 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 150 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following the October 2022 follow-on equity offering, which generated approximately $651 million in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. On October 24, 2022, the Company announced positive topline safety, tolerability and immunogenicity data from the Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
The Senior HR Business Partner will partner with the HR team and managers to advise and support all activities related to related to human resources, organizational and employee development. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues with a focus on employee retention and resolving employee relations issues. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives and the development of solutions. The candidate must be a team player with HR expertise who is service focused and delivers high-quality, innovative solutions that meet the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Provide thought leadership through advising, influencing, and coaching senior leaders and managers on all matters relating to performance, development, engagement, and retention of employees.
- Support managers in building internal capabilities and creating a strong culture aligned with Vaxcyte’s values.
- Coach and advise leaders on employee relations and performance management issues.
- Provide advice and counsel on organizational effectiveness and change management; partnering with employees and managers to ensure that initiatives and actions support the Company’s culture as we grow the organization.
- Partner with the HR team in the development and implementation of HR initiatives, practices and processes.
- Serves as a partner and coach to employees and managers on all activities related to human resources.
- Keeps current on external trends, developments, and/or activities that could impact talent, organizational effectiveness, and culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree with experience in the life sciences industry; HR certification a plus.
- 8+ years relevant experience in human resources with demonstrated experience as a HR Business Partner.
- Strong experience in integrating culture into people processes and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal & California Employment Law.
- Experience in employee relations, coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional relationships with department managers.
- Highly experienced active listener.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking skills and the ability to see problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Embodies core attributes consistent with Vaxcyte’s culture: caring, courage, passion and excellence.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Associate Director, HR Business Partner
Location: San Carlos, CA
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $175,000 - $179,000
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a next-generation vaccine company seeking to improve global health by developing superior and novel vaccines designed to prevent some of the most common and deadly infectious diseases worldwide. Our exclusively licensed cell-free protein synthesis platform and our proprietary know how enable us to design and produce optimized protein carriers and antigens, the critical building blocks of vaccines, in ways that we believe conventional vaccine technologies cannot. Our lead vaccine candidate, VAX-24, is a preclinical, 24-valent broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease. Our pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of at least 30 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease by targeting the keystone pathogen responsible for this chronic, oral inflammatory disease.
- (650) 837-0111
825 Industrial Road, Suite 300
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert