Associate Scientific Director, US Medical Affairs - Solid Tumor
- Chicago, Illinois
- Start date
- Jan 16, 2023
- Clinical, Medical Affairs, Science/R&D, Oncology
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The Associate Scientific Director provides specialist medical and scientific strategic and operational input into core medical affairs activities such as: health-care professional and provider interactions (Payers, Patients, Prescribers, and Providers); generation of clinical and scientific data (enhancing therapeutic benefit and value); educational initiatives (medical education, data, guidelines, and value proposition); safeguarding patient safety (risk minimization activities and safety surveillance activities). Works closely with sales, marketing and commercial teams to provide strategic medical input into core brand (product) strategies, and to support medical and marketing activities (promotional material generation and product launches) and market access.
- With oversight, contributes to the development of brand strategies.
- Contributes to the development of and leads the execution of the Medical Education / Advisory Board & EE Engagement Plan generation in line with TA plan. Lead the individual (US or Global) Conference planning and execution.
- Generates clinical and scientific data (DOF) as needed to support external communication (RRTI).
- Responsible to manage budget for assigned projects.
- May support teams with subject matter expertise.
- Aligns Medical education and scientific initiatives with Sci Comm Platform. Informs Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) strategy and can act as Docent for IISs.
- Actively contributes to the development of a TA EE Engagement Plan.
- Contributes to the generation of MI communication content and supports training on Medical Information (MI) materials.
- Participation in design and execution of clinical trial safety, product safety and risk management plans. Track RMP implementation.
- Responsible for performing the accurate and detailed medical review of complex advertising and promotional materials for assigned therapeutic area(s) within Medical Affairs. Provides timely and accurate reviews of promotional materials in accordance with established policies and practice standards, including regulatory guidelines to meet customer needs.
- Advanced Degree PhD, PharmD, PA, NP highly preferred. Residency or additional post doctorate experience highly preferred.
- Typically 8 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent; substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area required.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in the design of protocols preferred.
- May have performed protocol design in the academic environment and/or acted as an assistant PI.
- Interactions normally require the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects and schedules, etc.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- May interact with and coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects.
- May assist as consultant and liaison with other corporations when working under licensing agreements and/or in the evaluation of new business development opportunities.
- Represents AbbVie at external meetings including investigator meetings, scientific association meetings, etc.
- Works with some supervision and guidance. Exercises judgment within well-defined practices and policies.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert