Supervisor, Human Resources
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- College Station, TX
- Start date
- Jan 13, 2023
- Administration, Human Resources/Recruiting
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Lone Star Bio
- Helps to build effective relationships with business leaders, internal support teams, and other key stakeholders to enable effective implementation of HR plans and programs, while insuring policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Assess employee engagement and retention, and actively work to identify, analyze, and improve any problematic areas.
- Coaching, counseling and guidance regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Ensure employee assistance services and counseling services are available to all employees;
- Must take the initiative to stay current with company and government requirements for hiring, training, compensation, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assist in coaching employees and managers to uphold the company's priorities and core values.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Coaching, counseling and guidance regarding complex employment issues;
- Assist in monitoring and auditing compliance with Human Resources policies and/or regulations and ensure proper documentation and reporting occurs;
- Participate in resolving employee conflicts and complete investigations as required. Provide investigation summary report and develop recommendations for future actions, if any. Work with management to administer employee discipline or corrective action when needed.
- Develop, implement and monitor policy development and documentation;
- Participate in employee relations concerns and issues;
- Implement, review and guide compensation and benefits administration;
- Maintain performance management and improvement systems;
- Assist and gather appropriate documents in preparation for audits, as needed.
- Partner with Safety Manager to ensure employee safety, in addition to the welfare, wellness and health of employees;
- Support FDB in obtaining appropriate L-visas for employees on secondment and/or permanently assigned to FDBT as well as ensuring employees on H or F visas remain compliant;
- Ensure payroll is processed correctly while meeting strict deadlines; work with third party timekeeping vendor to ensure system is in compliance with FDB policies/practices.
- Help develop and implement leadership training programs for current and new management staff.
Recruiting & Retention
- Facilitate the development of staffing structure, position descriptions, organizational charts;
- Recommend and implement creative approaches to recruiting and retention;
- Ensure background checks, drug screens, and any other pre-employment requirements are conducted timely and in accordance company policy and any applicable federal, state or local regulations;
- Confirm that I-9's and other required documents are completed and properly filed;
- Participate in career fairs, networking, etc. to increase the candidate pool of qualified candidates;
- Make presentations at College Career Fairs and other venues to promote FDB's recruiting initiatives;
- Initiate the recruiting and staffing for all positions and ensure headcount stays within the approved budget;
- Develop and implement a robust employee onboarding process;
- Coordinate employee engagement committee ensuring that employee events are planned and executed;
- Manage charitable giving, community events and ensure appropriate company participation.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Must possess strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient with standard office equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other HR specific software applications).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to handle confidential information and employee relations issues; must have an excellent sense of discretion and sensitivity.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically to align HR strategy with business goals and provide support on special projects.
- Must read, write and speak clearly.
- Professional appearance, attitude, demeanor.
- Customer service orientation.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Human Resources or related business field with (7) seven years of related experience; or
- Associates Degree with (9) nine years of related experience; and
- 2 years' experience in a lead or supervisor role.
- PHR, SPHR Certification
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is an industry leading cGMP Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) supporting our partners in the biopharmaceutical industry with the development and production of their biologic, vaccines and gene therapies.
With over 30 years of experience in process development and cGMP manufacturing, a dedicated staff of over 2,000 and a reputation for excellent customer service, flexibility and responsiveness, we’ve become a trusted partner to some of the most prominent biotech developers and pharmaceutical companies in the industry.
Our Process Development experience includes the development of processes for molecules expressed via fermentation (e.g., E. coli, P. pastoris), cell culture systems including CHO, HEK, Vero, MDCK, EB66 and insect cells, and from transgenic sources.
Our network expands within five development and manufacturing facilities located in Teesside, United Kingdom; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA; College Station, Texas, Thousand Oaks CA USA and Hillerød, Denmark.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Research Triangle Park, NC
College Station, TX
Holly Springs, NC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert