Scientist - Pharmaceutical Discovery
- KCAS Bioanalytical and Biomarker Services
- Olathe, Kansas
- Start date
- Jan 11, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Performing critical work that impacts our industry and our world’s health while problem solving and innovating in the field – that’s what Scientists at KCAS get to do every day. If that gets you excited too, then maybe working as a Scientist at KCAS is a role to consider.
When you work as a Pharma Discovery Scientist at KCAS, you get to further our mission as the core of KCAS, carrying out and supervising all aspects of our studies.
Our Pharma Discovery lab team uses their expertise to perform fast turnaround on client ideas at the earliest stages of the research process, including testing new drug molecular structures or delivery mechanisms.
Learn more: Pharmaceutical Services | KCAS Bioanalytical Services
In this role, we’ll rely on you to:
- Bioanalytical sample preparation working with one or more kinds of matrix, particularly in a Drug Development Discovery group
- Perform method feasibility, method development, assay qualification, sample analysis, report preparation, troubleshooting and maintenance of analytical equipment. Experience with Sciex Mass Spectrometers and Shimadzu Liquid Chromatographers is a plus
- Proven lead scientist skills demonstrated by acting as main driver on bioanalytical projects involving quantification, data summary and reporting
- Experience with Solid Phase Extraction, particularly involving automation and liquid handlers
- Experience with workflows such as those in drug like molecules, modified macromolecules, metabolomics, biomarker identification, proteomics, and lipidomics is a plus
- Act as lead scientist, help design experiments, provide work instructions and technical training to more junior scientific staff in daily activities
- Prepare data summaries for senior scientists to aid in client updates
- Interact with clients and/or auditors as necessary
- Act as technical expert for all aspects of assay design and problem solving
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand and supports company mission, vision, and values
You’ll do all this in graduated sterile labs, as part of our new state-of-the-art building constructed explicitly for our purposes. You’ll be counted on to share your expertise as a mentor to those earlier in their career, have direct access to KCAS leaders to share your vision and ideas, be trusted as an expert in your field and supported as you write papers and speak at conferences, and experience opportunities to further advance your own career and knowledge. You’ll also experience the benefit a casual work environment. And every day, you’ll be part of decisions and work that pioneers the latest drug development in human and animal healthcare.
At KCAS, demand for our expertise in bioanalytical and biomarker services is growing, and now is a great time to join us and be part of our team of dedicated experts who are together, improving the world’s health!
Requirements identified in all KCAS position statements are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job successfully. Employees must possess the ability and aptitude to follow instructions and perform all assigned duties proficiently. Employment with KCAS is, at all times, on an "at-will" basis.
WHO YOU ARE
You will thrive at KCAS if you enjoy a relational environment, are purpose- and values-driven, embrace constant development and supportive leadership, and enjoy being part of innovative work.
To qualify specifically for this role, you will have:
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related fields with at least 4 years of industry experience OR
- MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related fields with at least 2 years of industry experience OR
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related fields with at least 1 years of industry or post-doctoral experience
Depending on your background and qualifications, we may consider hiring you for one of three levels of Scientist roles at KCAS. This will be determined during the interview process.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Our benefits include, and extend beyond, the traditional package. At KCAS, you’ll enjoy company sponsored events like food trucks, family days and spirit days. You’ll grow in your career with KCAS University. You’ll be able to connect with like-minded employees to further KCAS's approach to key areas such as wellness, inclusion, and community outreach. You’ll engage as an owner in our stock ownership program. You’ll have access to the latest technology. And you’ll be able to invest in the community with paid time off to volunteer.
WHO WE ARE
We are a fast-growing contract research organization (CRO) headquartered in Kansas City, pioneering the latest drug development in both human and animal health fields. Demand for our expertise is growing and so is our need for great people to work in nimble, empowered teams committed to one another’s growth. At KCAS, we advance both great science AND great people.
Learn more about KCAS in this video.
KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Among other things, we provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected category; we recruit qualified candidates without regard to citizenship status based on internal processes that enable us to hire the right candidates consistent with the appropriate U.S. Immigration framework; and (3) we work with and provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices. Anyone who needs a reasonable accommodation may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-248-3000 (for TTY assistance call 711) and ask for Human Resources.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert