Director, Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sleepy Hollow, New York
- Start date
- Jan 8, 2023
- Regulatory, Research/Documentation, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
The Director will be supporting Regeneron’s Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) needs. Positioned within HEOR, we evaluate and generate empirical evidence strengthening our global development and commercialization activities. You will understand the patient experience in terms of how they feel, function and survive, including symptom evolution and how that in turn impacts functioning, and health-related quality of life. We use our unique and important patient insights to inform holistic measurement strategies in clinical trials and real-world evidence studies. As a technical expert in PCOR, measurement science and mixed methods we will make a real and meaningful difference to patients.
A typical day may include the following:
• Collaborate with internal teams to understand patients experiences in target populations of interest.
• Assess literature and existing Patient Centered Outcomes (PCOs), conducting gap analyses and designing and overseeing PCOR activities.
• Leverage measurement science expertise to ensure the development of treatments that address aspects of disease that are most important to patients.
• Ensures PCO’s are appropriately implemented in clinical trials, reviewing clinical protocol sections and conducting PCO training at Investigator Meetings.
• Serve as a measurement science expert on FDA’s Patient Focused Drug Development (PFDD) and EMA’s Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) and Health-Related Quality of Life.
• Supporting our PCO drug labeling strategies; including developing questions to the agencies, producing PCO evidence dossiers for regulatory submissions, and meetings.
• Reflect patients’ perspectives on the benefits and risks of treatment in drug evaluation and ensuring that the information that emerges from our development programs.
• Develop statistical and psychometric analysis plans; supporting the analysis in-house, overseeing those conducted by external partners, and communicating results to internal partners.
This may be for you if:
• Have a culture of “Team-focus” and “rapid-response”.
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects with high impact.
• Want to work on projects directly affecting patient lives.
To be considered for this you are required to have a PhD with 7+ years or a with Masters or 9+ years in PCOR within pharma/biotech, consulting, or academia. Your experience should include a strong focus in the application of patient-relevant data and measurement science in healthcare. Recognized expert in PCO selection, development, validation and demonstration of clinically meaningful change. Ability to communicate mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative), and statistical key findings to technical and non-technical audience. Demonstrated ability developing solutions to problems of unusual complexity often requiring a high level of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$182,800.00 - $304,600.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert