Associate Director, US Market Access
- CSL Behring
- King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Start date
- Jan 7, 2023
- Marketing, Market Access
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
The Associate Director of US Market Access leads US value, access, pricing, and reimbursement strategy for a given CSL Behring therapeutic area portfolio (e.g. Immunology, Coagulation, or Specialty), includes payer and channel marketing, pricing and contracting strategy, access and reimbursement strategy, value and evidence strategy, and account management support. This Associate Director is responsible for developing and executing the market access strategic and tactical plan to gain or maintain optimal access for CSL brands.
The role serves as the primary point of contact for coordinating and aligning with key internal partners (Brand Marketing, Medical, Account Management, Field Sales, Pricing, Contracting, Analytics, HEOR, Field Reimbursement Support, Patient Services, Government Affairs, and the broader CSL Behring organization) to ensure plan cohesiveness and alignment. This includes leading the annual Market Access business plan development to ensure alignment with foundational brand objectives and strategies as identified in the annual Integrated Product Planning process.
The Associate Director, US Market Access role is accountable for establishing and preserving product access and reimbursement via CSL strategic channel partners (health plans, PBMs, specialty pharmacies, specialty distributors, IDNs, hospital systems, GPOs, and other relevant channels) for a specific CSL therapeutic area, inclusive of opportunities in the private and public sectors. The role also provides relevant US market/environment insights and strategic/tactical leadership pertaining to securing market access for new product launches, including the development of launch readiness plans across channels, as needed.
The Associate Director is responsible for the development of the channel marketing budget for one of CSL’s key businesses lines (Immunology, Coagulation, Specialty), including the management of external consultants and vendors.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Primary responsibility for the Market Access strategic and tactical business plan for one of CSL’s key businesses (Immunology, Coagulation, or Specialty).
- Develops the annual Market Access business plan based on effective market evaluation, opportunities assessment, and alignment with brand business objectives.
- Develops and executes brand growth strategies and tactics, including programs that target key channel customers, in alignment with the broader integrated brand business plan. Gains management approval by presenting strategic plans and detailed tactical plans prior to implementation of programs, including appropriate metrics to assess programming impact.
- Leads all aspects of tactical implementation, including messaging, creation of promotional materials, timelines, and training of internal stakeholders and field based professionals (Account Managers, Sales Representatives, Brand Marketing, Field Reimbursement, HEOR, etc).
- Leads all pull-through tactical development and coordination with field sales and Corporate Accounts, including implementation and measurement.
- Assumes budget accountability for market access channel activities for the defined therapeutic area. Works with finance and HCS management to monitor spending against budget. Reports budget results as requested by department management. Also works with internal stakeholders to develop projections for sales forecasts attributed to channel customers.
- Evaluates effectiveness of market access/channel strategies and tactics, including development of program success metrics, evaluation criteria, feedback mechanisms and return-on-investment analysis as appropriate.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to ensure strategies and tactics are linked to achievement of brand-specific business objectives. Internal stakeholders include Brand Marketing, Regulatory, Sales, Corporate Accounts, Sales Training, Field Reimbursement Support, Pricing, Contracting, Patient Services, Government Affairs, and HEOR.
- Ensures that field-based professionals (Corporate Account Managers, Sales Representatives) are aligned with HCS-led initiatives.
- Identifies the need for and drives the selection of external agency partners; develops and manages all workstreams in conjunction with the agency. Selects vendors for programs and projects. Builds effective working relationships with key external customers, including thought leaders.
- Develops working relationships with key external channel customers (specialty distributors, specialty pharmacies, GPO, IDN and payers) in order to maintain a thorough understanding of current market conditions.
- Effectively manages changes in market conditions related to brand objectives/strategies and tactics while communicating potential market impact to Senior Management.
BS/BA, MBA/advanced degree preferred
10 years of relevant pharmaceutical / healthcare experience (including biologics or pharmaceuticals) in brand marketing, market access, payer/channel marketing, or related experience.
Prior experience in marketing and account management with channel partners such as payers, specialty pharmacies, GPOs, integrated health systems, and hospitals is strongly preferred.
Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint required. Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills are required.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
As the third largest global biotechnology company with employees in more than 35 countries, CSL Behring is focused on serving patients with serious and rare diseases, including coagulation disorders, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema, respiratory disease and neurological disorders. We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge and support future medical research.
CSL Behring's dynamic environment fosters innovation and attracts the best and brightest who share a commitment to helping save lives. People here are free to live their Promising FUTURES where they can fulfill their individual career aspirations and realize their potential.
CSL Behring is committed to diversity and inclusion, both of which underpin our Values of patient focus, innovation, collaboration, integrity and superior performance. We believe that by harnessing and honoring the unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives of our people, we are better able to serve our patients.
CSL Behring operates one of the world's largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma. The parent company, CSL Limited, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, employs more than 27,000 people, and provides its life-saving medicines in more than 70 countries.
For more information visit www.cslbehring.com. Help us deliver on our promise to save lives and protect the health of people around the world. Promising FUTURES start at CSL Behring!
Stock Symbol: CSL
Stock Exchange: Australian Securities Exchange
1020 First Avenue
King of Prussia
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert