- BioSpace, Inc.
- Start date
- Jan 10, 2023
- Marketing, Marketing/Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Regulatory, Research/Documentation
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
BioSpace is the leading source for life sciences news and jobs. We cover emerging technologies, clinical research, market trends and more to help professionals navigate our industry.
BioSpace is seeking a sharp, motivated and autonomous reporter to cover the most significant stories happening in biotech and pharma.
This reporter will be able to write quickly on deadlines, contextualize headlines within the broader industry and identify the significance of each story to present valuable insights to our readers.
They will be happy with early morning starts (6 a.m. CST) to get on top of the news cycle. They will be working closely with a small, hard-working and mostly remote team team and pitch in where needed.
In this position you will:
- Report (including conducting phone/live interviews) and write daily stories for digital publication—on tight deadlines
- Ensure that BioSpace editorial and AP style standards are maintained
- Provide gripping headlines for articles and newsletters
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry sources
- Monitor news-gathering operations and keep abreast of industry news flow
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications strongly preferred.
- Journalism experience preferred (or equivalent experience in interviewing for news, AP style familiarity, deep news writing style knowledge)
- Experience covering the biotechnology/pharmaceutical sector preferred, but not required
- Availability from 6 am CST, Monday to Friday
- Impeccable writing and editing digital-first publishing
- Highly organized with obsessive attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills necessary, including the ability question and interview industry executives and experts and move beyond staid PR-responses. Strong preference toward live interviews over email/written “interviews”
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate freely with team members
This role is contract to hire. Please include 3-5 writing samples with your resume.
BioSpace champions the Life Sciences industry as a digital hub for news and careers. Since 1985, BioSpace has provided essential insights, opportunities and tools to connect the innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe.
BioSpace.com offers a multi-faceted venue for industry professionals to come together on the Web with several unique and reliable resources. It has become the centralized source for information and job listings for the Life Sciences industry.
- Daily news and job postings BioSpace.com is a comprehensive source of information for Life Sciences professionals. Reliable news content is posted daily, keeping followers and investors up to date on the latest in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Along with breaking news, jobs are posted daily from some of the best companies in the industry. There are several opt-in emails, like GenePool, that provide daily news and career opportunities.
- Talent Connect BioSpace offers career events for life science recruiting professionals who want to take the recruiting process to the next level. Talent Connect career events are next generation networking events. The events bring together top companies and thousands of highly qualified candidates across various disciplines, giving hiring managers and candidates the opportunity to meet face-to-face. Several Talent Connect events are held across the country throughout the year in some of the most thriving Life Sciences communities.
- Hotbed Communities For over 30 years, BioSpace’s world-renowned Hotbed communities have highlighted specific regions or “Hotbeds” of industry activity. Each year-long Hotbed campaign features innovative Life Sciences communities on a country-wide map. The map features company logos and original artwork with renderings of company buildings, depicting their location on the map. On BioSpace.com, Hotbed Maps are interactive linking the company image to their online profiles.
A spot on the Hotbed map is a coveted position. The map and individual Hotbed regions are printed on thousands of promotional materials annually and distributed across the nation. In fact, the original Biotech Bay™ map from 1989 hangs on permanent display in the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History.
BioSpace Hotbeds include: Biotech Bay Biotech Beach BioCapital BioMidwest Bio NC BioForest Genetown, Ideal Employer, Pharm Country, NextGen Bio
- Branding Solutions Deliver your message to our audience of industry professionals through our targeted channels. Use banners, Skyscrapers, e-mails, and more to promote your brand to job seekers and other relevant industry professionals.
Having a company profile includes an online description of your business with contact information, development pipeline, and key management. It also includes reciprocal links to your clinical trials, press releases, jobs, events, and corporate URL (where applicable).
BioSpace has been, and continues to be, the go-to website for reliable and up to date information on all things biotech and pharmaceuticals for over 30 years. Promoting your company with BioSpace’s advertising and recruitment solutions not only reaches a large audience, but a passionate and experienced audience of job seekers and Life Sciences professionals.
Looking to improve your comprehensive workforce strategy? Click here to learn more.
Interested in careers with BioSpace? Click here to learn more.
10506 Justin Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert