- BioSpace, Inc.
- Urbandale, Iowa
- Start date
- Jan 10, 2023
- Administration, Marketing, Marketing/Corporate Communications, Public Relations, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognized, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider BioSpace.
BioSpace, Inc. is the leading online community for industry news and careers for life science professionals. For over 30 years, BioSpace has provided essential insights, opportunities and tools to connect innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe. Our team operates with a fun, entrepreneurial style that combines our passion & high-energy with an aggressive vision of growing BioSpace.
When you become a BioSpace team member, you join a company that provides an entrepreneurial atmosphere in which you will work together to develop and execute strategy to bring solutions to customers across the Life Sciences industry.
BioSpace has an exciting opportunity for an Editor to join our team and help us evolve our content strategy, manage our network of writers, and uncover major industry stories & topics in the biotech world. This role will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to help differentiate BioSpace in the marketplace through our content offerings.
In this position you will:
- Recruit and manage a network of freelance writers
- Proofread and edit news stories and feature articles
- Ensure that BioSpace editorial standards are maintained
- Provide gripping headlines for articles and newsletters
- Plan, prepare, and write exclusive features and special reports
- Manage and edit guest essays and opinion pieces
- Organize, edit and publish stories using a content management system (CMS)
- Work closely with different departments on content promotion strategies
- Proactively identify & recommend new content initiatives to management
- Develop and maintain relationships with PR media agencies, investment analysts, and other key industry sources
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar
- Provide editorial guidance to content team members
- Provide press coverage at key industry events
- Monitor news-gathering operations and keep abreast of industry news flow
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
- 4+ years of journalism experience with at least 2 years of editor experience
- Impeccable writing, editing, and organizational skills with obsessive attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical sector preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the AP Style Guide and copyediting
- Strong communication skills necessary, including the ability to explain needed editorial changes to writers and executives
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships with industry executives, PR agencies, investment analysts, and other key industry sources
- Proactive approach to identifying content opportunities
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, online publishing environment
- Working knowledge of SEO fundamentals
- Ability to work independently and collaborate freely with team members
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Reference, Background, and Credit Checks Required.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
BioSpace Human Resources
BioSpace champions the Life Sciences industry as a digital hub for news and careers. Since 1985, BioSpace has provided essential insights, opportunities and tools to connect the innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe.
BioSpace.com offers a multi-faceted venue for industry professionals to come together on the Web with several unique and reliable resources. It has become the centralized source for information and job listings for the Life Sciences industry.
- Daily news and job postings BioSpace.com is a comprehensive source of information for Life Sciences professionals. Reliable news content is posted daily, keeping followers and investors up to date on the latest in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Along with breaking news, jobs are posted daily from some of the best companies in the industry. There are several opt-in emails, like GenePool, that provide daily news and career opportunities.
- Talent Connect BioSpace offers career events for life science recruiting professionals who want to take the recruiting process to the next level. Talent Connect career events are next generation networking events. The events bring together top companies and thousands of highly qualified candidates across various disciplines, giving hiring managers and candidates the opportunity to meet face-to-face. Several Talent Connect events are held across the country throughout the year in some of the most thriving Life Sciences communities.
- Hotbed Communities For over 30 years, BioSpace’s world-renowned Hotbed communities have highlighted specific regions or “Hotbeds” of industry activity. Each year-long Hotbed campaign features innovative Life Sciences communities on a country-wide map. The map features company logos and original artwork with renderings of company buildings, depicting their location on the map. On BioSpace.com, Hotbed Maps are interactive linking the company image to their online profiles.
A spot on the Hotbed map is a coveted position. The map and individual Hotbed regions are printed on thousands of promotional materials annually and distributed across the nation. In fact, the original Biotech Bay™ map from 1989 hangs on permanent display in the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History.
BioSpace Hotbeds include: Biotech Bay Biotech Beach BioCapital BioMidwest Bio NC BioForest Genetown, Ideal Employer, Pharm Country, NextGen Bio
- Branding Solutions Deliver your message to our audience of industry professionals through our targeted channels. Use banners, Skyscrapers, e-mails, and more to promote your brand to job seekers and other relevant industry professionals.
Having a company profile includes an online description of your business with contact information, development pipeline, and key management. It also includes reciprocal links to your clinical trials, press releases, jobs, events, and corporate URL (where applicable).
BioSpace has been, and continues to be, the go-to website for reliable and up to date information on all things biotech and pharmaceuticals for over 30 years. Promoting your company with BioSpace’s advertising and recruitment solutions not only reaches a large audience, but a passionate and experienced audience of job seekers and Life Sciences professionals.
Looking to improve your comprehensive workforce strategy? Click here to learn more.
Interested in careers with BioSpace? Click here to learn more.
10506 Justin Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert