Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, biology, medicinal chemistry, drug discovery, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Position Summary: Terray Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Automation Engineer. As an integral member of our Platform team, the candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the automated systems that power our wet-lab. The position will report to the Director of Automation.
The core responsibilities of this job will be
- Partner with our scientific and production teams to design, acquire, and implement laboratory automation platforms
- System programming and script creation
- Provide support for modular automated systems and manage vendor relations
- Design experiments for process optimization
- De-novo design of custom systems for niche applications within our processes
Experience and Qualifications: Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires an automation engineer who is thoughtful, high energy and can work effectively with the biology team to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- Prior use of laboratory automation systems (Tecan, Hamilton, Agilent, Thermo, HighRes Biosolutions, GNF, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to script in vendor supplied control software
- Experience in implementing automated systems in support of chemical and biological workflows.
- Proficiency with design software, such as Solidworks, and fabrication tools (3D printing, CNC, laser cutting, etc.)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (PYTHON, C#, .Net)
- Experience with optical imaging systems such as fluorescence microscopy
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.