ImmunityBio, Inc. is a late-stage immunotherapy company developing next-generation therapies that drive immunogenic mechanisms for defeating cancer and infectious disease. The company’s immunotherapy platform is designed to activate both the innate (natural killer cell and macrophage) and adaptive (T cell) immune systems to create long-term “immunological memory.”
Responsible for maintaining all manufacturing equipment and plant utility systems including, steam boilers, air compressors, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC), Water for Injection, primary and secondary power distribution and the physical plant. Responsible for implementing improvements to increase efficiency and prevent equipment obsolescence. Responsible for insuring the validated state of all equipment, systems and facilities and compliance with all applicable cGMP, OSHA, DEC, EPA and local government regulations. Responsible for the daily activities and development of direct reports.
- Responsible for maintaining all manufacturing equipment and plant utility systems including, clean steam, process gasses, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC), Water for Injection, RO/EDI water, waste water and associated electrical needs.
- Responsible for the daily activities and development of direct reports.
- Responsible for implementing improvements to increase efficiency and prevent equipment obsolescence. Included are capital improvement projects as needed by the facility and GMP processes.
- Responsible for insuring the validated state of all equipment, systems and facilities and compliance with all applicable cGMP, OSHA, DEC, EPA and local government regulations
- Responsible for meeting budgetary objectives for departmental expenses, annual plant shutdown and capital appropriations
- Coordinates building and equipment services including contract maintenance and calibration, and manages external service providers including EH&S consultants.
- Responsible for facility monitoring systems and CMMS database (BAS, Rees, MVP Plant).
- Responsible for troubleshooting and executing repairs of equipment and utilities and the general upkeep of the physical plant including clean rooms, office areas, and building materials.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 7-10 years’ progressive relevant experience; or
- Without a Bachelor’s degree, then a total of 15 years’ progressive relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of power transfer technology including mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Must be familiar with high and low voltage distribution.
- Must be familiar with machine controls including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), relay logic, and operator interfaces.
- Must be familiar with plant utility systems including high-pressure steam, heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC).
- Must have a clear understanding of analytical troubleshooting.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, good documentation skills, good organizational skills and good interpersonal skills to manage a diverse group of skilled tradesmen and engineers
Working Environment / Physical Environment
- Constantly required to sit, and to reach to use computers and other office equipment
- Occasionally stand for extended periods of time, up to four (4) hours/time
- Occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds
- Constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- Frequently required to communicate with others
*All hires are based upon completion and passage of a background check
This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus and equity award. The pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on the successful candidate’s qualifications, prior experience as well as geographic location.
$125,000 (entry-level qualifications) to $150,000 (highly experienced)
ImmunityBio provides a robust and competitive total rewards package for our employees. Click here for a summary of our benefits.
At ImmunityBio, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
ImmunityBio is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. ImmunityBio may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.