Lead and manage site sales and operations planning process to ensure alignment of functions and senior management to delivery of business goals for medium to long term.
Lead the site S&OP cycle including running of pre-S&OP and monthly S&OP meetings. Oversight of all on site medium to long term planning systems (not ownership of operational teams). Ensure data generated by functions and programs is suitable for site S&OP. Coaching, mentoring and initiation of improvement projects, where required. Ensure identification, monitoring and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities relating to the medium- and long-term business targets. Escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
Hold appropriate personnel, including site and global leadership, to account for agreed actions for mitigation of risk or realization of opportunities as identified via S&OP. Escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
Ensure all data generated via S&OP is accurate and timely for site reporting. Escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
Continually review the S&OP process to ensure it continues to be up to date with current best practice and suitable for business needs.
Interact with site Tier process and provide appropriate data to support decision making or escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
Support program related SOW contract processes and Person-In-Plant (PIP) programs.
Any other duties commensurate with the role.
· Links day-to-day tasks to a model reflecting a long-term perspective.
· Develops broad scale, longer term objectives (e.g., affecting a business, department or several departments).
· Establishes a course of action to accomplish a long-term goal or vision. Establishes long-term organisational/departmental goals or projects.
· Considers how present policies, processes and methods might be affected by future developments and trends.
· Prepares and reviews contingency plans for problems and situations that might occur.
· Develops a business strategy.
· Determines long-term problems and opportunities.
· Shares with others own view of the desirable future state of the business/departments
· Considers whether short-term goals will meet long-term objectives.
· Redesigns the department and/or organisation to better meet long-term objectives.
Concern for impact
· Takes action to have an intended or desired effect on others.
· Effectively communicates in order to influence.
· Considers in advance the impact of actions on others and adjusts actions in order to influence.
· Acts to ensure that others will understand complex information.
· Acts to preserve longer-term work relations.
· Considers the likely reactions of others and acts to address them in planning a communication.
· Shows consideration for and responds to the feelings and needs of subordinates, peers, superiors or customers.
· Maintains people's self-esteem in situations of criticism, disagreement, or discipline.
· Maintains people's self-esteem when interacting with them.
· Sets specific goals for self and others.
· Establishes a clear focus and direction for unit.
· Communicates clearly and concretely the results to be achieved.
· Organises and brings resources together to help achieve an objective.
· Delegates tasks to ensure that the job gets done.
· Keeps own and others' activities focused on key objectives.
· Determines whether results have been achieved.
· Keeps people informed about what needs to be done in the light of changes in the organisation, business situation, etc.
· Takes appropriate action to achieve objectives.
· Eliminates unnecessary risks.
· Acts to avoid unnecessary distractions from key objectives.
· Applies experience and expertise to achieve objectives.
Critical information seeking
· Seeks critical data to test a hypothesis.
· Carefully structures questions to find out more about a problem.
· Gathers key information to diagnose a problem.
· Probes for sensitive, strategic information.
· Identifies the most appropriate people possessing information relevant to a problem.
· Gets important information that others would not get.
· Gathers information from key sources in attempting to understand fully the cause of a problem.
· Talks to key people to gather information needed to make decisions or recommendations.
· Searches records or files for critical information.
· Gathers information from all key 'stakeholders' (i.e. people with vested interests) in a problem or task.
· Lobbies key people to get agreement.
· Identifies the different needs of key people and adjusts strategies to influence them.
· Switches tactics in changing situations in order to convince others.
· Considers the merits of different influencing approaches and acts on the best perceived approach.
· Is guided by a range of considerations in deciding the best course of action in influencing people (e.g., political, cultural, personal relationships, personal impact and hierarchical positions).
· Works with 'informal' as well as formal systems to influence situations.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Ability to develop strategic relationships.
- Ability to influence senior managers and leaders from across FDB.
- Understanding of S&OP current best practice.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems.
- Experience in a world class development or manufacturing organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other analytical applications.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, effectively engaging, facilitating, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Ability to understand complex issues, evaluate them critically, and navigate a goal-oriented Dire process.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to identify, assess, and resolve business problems, issues, risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients and internal colleagues and stakeholders in a matrixed team environment.
- Experience with ongoing prioritization, risk management and decision making, conflict resolution; integrates customer requirements, contract knowledge and input from functional experts to drive execution, decision making and team ownership/accountability.
- Focused on productivity, efficiency, simplification, right first time in program delivery (meeting customer requirements, cost reduction, growing business).
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely completion of deliverables and to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high level of sustainable performance.
- Understand strategic direction and have the ability to apply to appropriate operational decisions.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Master's degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 8 years' experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations; OR
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 10 years' experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations; OR
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 14 years' experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical; AND
- 5 years of relevant project management experience managing a portfolio of multiple complex programs; AND
- 8 years of management / supervisory experience required
- Experience in a cGMP facility or working with FDA regulations
- Certifications in Project/Risk Management (PMI-PMP, PMI-RMP) or Lean Six Sigma and demonstrated practical experience.
- Previous Accounting/Finance/Budgeting experience
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean, and other problem-solving methodologies.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com orcall 979-431-3500.