Senior Payroll Analyst
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
The Senior Payroll Analyst is responsible for the execution of payroll processing, tax withholding, compliance, and customer service for employees in the United States. The position requires the individual to be highly self-motivated, innovative, effectively multi-task, prioritize work, demonstrate accountability, and effectively collaborate with both internal and external business partners to perform towards best practice payroll solutions. The Senior Payroll Analyst is accountable for executing all activities performed, align to best practice through increased use of technology enablers to create capacity, increase efficiency, quality, and ensure systems and internal controls adequately support U.S. payroll, employment taxes, all applicable labor laws, regulations, and company policies. A high degree of professionalism and discretion is mandatory in handling sensitive and confidential information. Key responsibilities include:Operations/Technology/Continuous Improvement:
- Responsible for providing operational support to U.S. payroll for approximately 8,500 employees in multiple states.
- Accountable for delivering high quality customer service to employees by using modern technology (ex. virtual agent), developing and maintaining content for self-service, and enhancing the customer experience.
- Actively participate in implementing new payroll technology and integrating business partner needs to deliver high quality service to employees.
- Support year-end payroll processing/reporting (W-2's).
- Perform reporting of equity compensation (ESPP, RSU's, stock options, etc.).
- Resolve problems by analyzing reports, applying good judgment, and escalating unresolved issues.
- Utilize emerging technology and best practice to increase efficiency and quality of service delivery.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Support strategic and cross functional projects.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Business Partnering/Customer Engagement:
- Responsible for the execution and delivery on payroll processing controls.
- Accountable for actively participating and enforcing the internal control environment over the financial as well as the business process aspects of the payroll business process.
- Provide guidance and direction to business partners for various Federal, State, and Local legislations.
- Accountable for executing on process integrity, internal and SOX controls, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Build and maintain credibility with internal/external business partners and employee population from a Business Service Center model.
- Actively partner with various internal/external business partners to deliver on payroll activities
- Accountable for service delivery against agreed and evolving KPI's and Service partnership agreements.
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners and International colleagues to identify and implement options to improve the quality of service delivery from a global perspective and pursue opportunities for global process delivery in line with best practice.
- Delivery of process related training.
- Develop global process maps, desk-top manuals and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and a critical thinker; must have the ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity and effective decision making.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- Ability to influence others.
- Results Oriented. The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical locations and cultures.
- High level of self-motivation, accountability, leadership, positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- High School Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Five Years Experience OR Masters Degree and Three Years Experience
- Experience with Workday (Payroll, HCM and Time & Attendance) is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience and proven knowledge of payroll operations best practice programs in a multi-national corporation.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with utilizing a support ticketing system to enable best practice customer experience.
- Experience with administering/processing payments of Leave of Absence program.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint). (i.e. V-Lookups, Pivot-Tables, Sum Ifs, etc.)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Controls.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or SAP for payroll processing and disbursement is preferred.
- Experience working in a global Finance organization.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.