1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year.
At Navigate BioPharma we envision a disease-free world – our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision.
Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate BioPharma, a subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostic services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
As an Associate Scientist at Navigate, you will assist in the design, execution, and troubleshooting of molecular technology based procedures and assays. In this role, you will be expected to exhibit moderate level of independence while working on multiple projects, including contributing to the launch of new platforms/assays. Candidates must demonstrate critical thinking, initiative, and effective stakeholder management in the execution of their projects.
Your main responsibilities will not be limited to:
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• May design, create, execute and troubleshoot new procedures and assays.
• Author and review technical documents including but not limited to assay work instructions.
• Plan and execute laboratory experiments and testing of patient specimens under supervision.
• Procure and qualify required materials to perform experiments or testing.
• Perform instrument maintenance and function tests with proper documentation of all activities.
• May work directly with external vendors to resolve reagent or equipment issues.
• Perform quality control testing and ensure its acceptability.
• May identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect test performance/results.
• Analyze data for trends, making recommendations to more senior scientific staff.
• Use LIMS to create batch testing worklists, enter and QC data
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements Minimum requirements:
What you will bring to the role:
• BS/BA with scientific emphasis with 2 or more years of experience
• MS in a biomedical science field with 0 years of experience
• Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with sample testing in a laboratory setting.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of molecular and cellular biological techniques directly applicable to the services provided by Navigate BP (i.e. PCR, NGS) is strongly preferred.
• Proficient with MS Office
• Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills in experimental design, data analysis, verification, manipulation and interpretation
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Critical thinker and team player
• Ability to operate independently and in a team environment
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $76,300 and $114,500/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/22 through 12/31/22, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Division Novartis Technical Operations
Business Unit CONTRACT MANUFACTURING
Site Carlsbad, CA
Company/Legal Entity Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No