The process development scientist will have strong biochemistry and molecular biology background. Candidate should have strong hands-on laboratory experience, including reagent formulations, sample preparation, analytical assay development and PacBio sequencing instrument operation. Ability to analyze data and strong knowledge of software like Excel and JMP.
- Conduct laboratory work under general direction of supervisor.
- Hands-on testing and integration of assay workflows onto sequencing platforms.
- Help plan, conduct, analyze, interpret, and report recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Support product commercialization from design transfer to manufacturing.
- Assess information to ensure data sufficiency and completeness of results.
- Help write experimental protocols, summaries, and reports.
- Work as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- Work in ISO 9001 and 13485 regulated environments.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Normally requires a PhD in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 2-5 years related experience; may include post-doctoral experience.
- A degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience in life sciences, medical devices, diagnostics, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or related scientific fields preferred.
- Experience in a development / manufacturing environment preferred.
- Has expertise in biochemistry, chemistry, and molecular biology.
- Must be hands-on in the laboratory.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to take initiative and independently drive projects to completion with detailed and efficient execution and reporting.
- Knowledge of sequencing system and PLM process is a plus.
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: