The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help manufacture the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
We are growing our locations and are investing more than $2 billion into establishing a new large-scale manufacturing site for biopharmaceuticals in the United States to accelerate the growth of our Bio CDMO (Contract and Development Manufacturing Organization) business. This will be the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO provider in North America. The new site will offer end-to-end solutions to our customers looking to manufacture biopharmaceuticals in the US. In addition to drug substance manufacture, it will also provide automated fill-finish and assembly, packaging, and labeling services. The new site is to be located in Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer for our project who wants to participate in our journey to establish the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO facility in North America. More importantly, someone who wants to be a part of the largest growth journey that we in FUJIFILM have ever entered. In the project phase, your main responsibility as the Senior Electrical Engineer will be to provide engineering input about design of the electrical systems, equipment specifications, P&ID's, development of maintenance and operating procedures among other duties.
Once in Operations, you will be responsible for and have ownership of the electrical systems, ensuring operational availability of the systems, as well as ensure that proper maintenance routines are performed. Additionally, you will provide daily direction to technicians or other personnel while interacting with internal departments and stakeholders. We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with over 10+ of experience in large electrical projects and/or Operations who can leverage existing experience to guide cross-functional team members on the journey. Experience in large electrical projects in Pharma/Biotech is a plus. You will join an organization focusing on growth, people and a steep learning curve as well as a diverse workplace with people driven to make a difference.
- Design and configuration of the electrical systems across the site. These systems include incoming power, switch gear, back up generation, distribution, electrical panels, etc.
- Review and approval of equipment specifications, drawings, standards, P&ID's.
- Operational ownership for the electrical systems
- Develop proper maintenance routines on these systems to ensure the highest level of reliability at a reasonable cost.
- Configuration of load shedding and power monitoring systems for the electrical systems.
- Implementing operational improvement to the electrical systems to reduce energy consumption.
- Direct maintenance technicians or contract personnel in system maintenance or improvements
- Act as Project Manager (PM) for equipment maintenance or new project work
- Interact with other departments such as DSM, DPFG, metrology, QA
- Ensure deliverables meet all quality and compliance standards
- Ensure delivery and implementation of solutions which fulfils requirements and expectations by the end users
- Bachelor's degree within Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years' experience working with Electrical systems
- Experience working in large utility or Pharma/ Biotech projects.
- Knowledge of early phase equipment design, as well as system and facility layouts
- Knowledge of GMP and EMEA/FDA regulations (or experience working in a similar highly regulated environment), desired
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Collaborative attitude with the willingness to work with global peers toward company and department goals.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.